help!!!

the Comb is the best way to tell the difference between a Barred Rock and Dominique. I don't study the correct terminology for combs but the Barred Rocks will have a single comb that looks like a mohawk. How old are they?
they are about to be 6 months old. Im gonna have to look again at the combs because I believe there are 2 alike and other two different but all the same coloration

You put babbies outside in 20 degree weather?!?
:eek::eek::eek:
well honestly they been out in the yard till night time. most the time the chicks go back in their coop and chill out, but for some reason these boogers are nosey and roam the yard running with the ducks and checking out the baby hogs. I have plenty of hay and coop stays toasty. the weather is up and down so much. it was 40 today as a high and this weekend we are looking at almost 70 so welcome to the southern weather lol.

The main difference is the comb. Barred rocks have a single comb, Dominiques have a rose comb.
Dominiques are cuckoo, more blurry and undefined than barred. Barred has a more distinct and defined pattern.

Take a look at the comb. If it looks like the rose comb in this article it's a Dominique. If its a single comb, barred rock.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-9-comb-types.63029/

Back
Top Bottom