Help!

What do you mean by crop? I gave her cracked corn today which is her favorite and she got really excited. She will be a year at the end of November.
The crop is an expandable portion of the esophagus where chickens store feed and moisten it if the proventriculus (primary stomach) and gizzard (mechanical stomach) are full.
http://www.geauga4h.org/poultry/chicken_digestion.htm

The crop is external to the body cavity and when full you can either feel it or see it at the base of the neck and at the top of the right breast.

Last edited:
What do you mean by crop? I gave her cracked corn today which is her favorite and she got really excited. She will be a year at the end of November.

The crop is at the front right of the chest of chickens. It is where their food is stored before passing through the digestive system. It should be round and full at roost time and flat in the morning before they've eaten anything. A crop that is still full or partially full by morning is an indication of other trouble.

Thanks for the rundown of the history. We'd be happy to help. But, perhaps it would help us help you to reread your post and correct all the mistakes to make it more readable.
In your first sentence you said she was your favorite and in the last statement you said she wasn't.
7. I'm assuming you meant layer (not later) crumble but you mentioned 'with calcium in it'. Do you mean you added more calcium to the layer feed which is already at 4%?
8. she is eating fine or isn't eating fine?
IMHO, squatting isn't an indication of anything one way or the other.
Wow super rude reply! If you're not willing to be helpful without being rude, maybe you should refrain from "helping".

I'd like to help.... Do you offer calcium in oyster shell? Try offering some vitamins in the water, nutri-drench, or what you find at the feed store. I would've thought she was egg bound or had egg peritinious. But you stated a shell-less squished shell. Might need more Calcium. Or try the vitamins. I had some very soft shells in winter , gave MORE oyster shell and now, Great shells. Just trying to help... not an expert.

Back
Top Bottom