Help!!

Chicken101-07

Songster
Aug 18, 2019
What can I do?I was away and was not aware this 2 were fighting and I hope I separated them in the right moment,is there anything I can do to help it heal faster?I'm guessing this 2 are the top ones in the pecking order and they were fighting to see which one was in the top,it has happened before but not to this extent even worst than my roosters,will they continue fighting if I put them together again?.This is what happens when you have chickens with game bird genes they wont stop until one is basically dead.
20200126_160849.jpg
20200126_160744.jpg

Looks bad,but might be combs and they bleed alot! When I have had roosters fight bad I put one in jail(a cage). Leave them in about a week with food and water. I leave the cage in the coop so he can see the other roo. When I let him out they might have a row but it usually won't last long. The roo that was in the cage will almost always lose. I don't know if it will work with hens,but at least they will heal up before they fight again!

I put some disinfectant and warm water in their wounds nothing serious just injuries in their comb that were bleeding a lot,I put one in the cage where I put a cockerel and was trying to put the one that looked healthier with the other hens but didn't work out, the injured one started fighting the others ,guess she has a lot of fight in her,so I had to leave her in a coop which has chicken wire all around to take her chances in 36°F temperature,I made sure I left her the wood nesting box with hay to make sure she stayed warm in there,my main coop now has a 5 month old cockerel,10 month old cockerel and a 2 year old rooster together,hoping same thing doesn't happen again,yes I know it's a dumb thing to do but really had nowhere else to put the injured hens without putting the cockerels and roo together,reason I have so many roosters is because I plan to build 2 different coops in the summer so I don't have to keep introducing new hens which could bring diseases to the flock and can stop inbreeding between them while keeping a closed flock if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom