HELP!!!

Will230145

Chirping
Apr 15, 2020
Eastern Pennsylvania
Dont know what thread I did but I am very nervous. Broody hen hatch day was today, her first year, 2 out of 6 eggs today. When checked on chicks were both bloody and thrown from under her. When I took the chicks mom got all angry, so after a few minutes I put the back in the nest. She was happy. What should I do? Pleas help, thanks!

It depends on what approach you want to take - there is the let nature be approach where you would leave them be and let nature take its course. The other option is get the chicks and brood them yourself.
Is she caged by herself? If not, then separate her and chicks right away. If she is separated, I would have to get the babies and brood them rather than her kill them. However, she would not learn at all from that approach and would probably do it again next hatch.

In all species there are instances of rejection. Sad but natural.

Best of Luck

I decided to brood them separately, two more are on there way (we hope). Me and my mom are staying up all night to watch her and when the eggs hatch to make sure there isn't a repeat. We'll let her have another go whenever they heal.

I decided to brood them separately, two more are on there way (we hope). Me and my mom are staying up all night to watch her and when the eggs hatch to make sure there isn't a repeat. We'll let her have another go whenever they heal.
I wouldnt put those chicks back under her, I doubt she'd understand. I would take this round of chicks and brood them, and let her go about her business. Let her try again with the next clutch!

Hope you all made it through the night!

I wouldnt put those chicks back under her, I doubt she'd understand. I would take this round of chicks and brood them, and let her go about her business. Let her try again with the next clutch!

Hope you all made it through the night!

So far two eggs were bad, one more chick hatched and one more should be soon!

Attachments

• 7RZ6wNBqRLi93ihvIDKW7w.jpg
    7RZ6wNBqRLi93ihvIDKW7w.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom