Help

Shelbydarienzo

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2020
Is this egg dead? I am incubating duck eggs and I’m on day 22. The other 3 eggs are nearly all black when candled and can see movement at the bottom but this egg has some kinda waste at the bottom and the air cell has a weird greenish hue to it as well as a dark spot in the center of it (see pics) BUT it still has veins, they don’t show up well in the pics but there is zero movement inside. I am worried it will bust if it is dead. Should I remove this or let it be?
8EE08A90-BF6C-4635-9611-B6DEB03A7CC7.jpeg

Is this egg dead? I am incubating duck eggs and I’m on day 22. The other 3 eggs are nearly all black when candled and can see movement at the bottom but this egg has some kinda waste at the bottom and the air cell has a weird greenish hue to it as well as a dark spot in the center of it (see pics) BUT it still has veins, they don’t show up well in the pics but there is zero movement inside. I am worried it will bust if it is dead. Should I remove this or let it be?View attachment 2272608
If the others are far more developed then that one is probably dead, plus the movement should be obvious based on the pic. I have never had a dead egg explode, it is likely a goner but you could always put it in the second incubator with the other one.

Is this egg dead? I am incubating duck eggs and I’m on day 22. The other 3 eggs are nearly all black when candled and can see movement at the bottom but this egg has some kinda waste at the bottom and the air cell has a weird greenish hue to it as well as a dark spot in the center of it (see pics) BUT it still has veins, they don’t show up well in the pics but there is zero movement inside. I am worried it will bust if it is dead. Should I remove this or let it be?View attachment 2272608
Can you take a pic with the light shining in through the egg? Put the flashlight on the air cell. For day 22 it's definitely a quitter.

Back
Top Bottom