Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pullet will squawk for a while when one of her flock mates goes missing. They don’t like change. She’ll get over it. You have received advice from many, many people stating that your best option would be to get rid of the cockerels (preferably before your pullet ends up stressed, over bred and injured). You have stated that roosters are illegal to keep where you live, yet you’re still asking if you can keep them with her. You have stated that you really don’t have room to add more chickens, yet you’re still asking how many more females you “need” to keep two illegal roosters. All of your questions have been answered many times. What exactly are you still looking for? Have you shown and discussed all your threads with the options mentioned to your parents? (Just guessing you still live with them.)

The pullet will squawk for a while when one of her flock mates goes missing. They don’t like change. She’ll get over it. You have received advice from many, many people stating that your best option would be to get rid of the cockerels (preferably before your pullet ends up stressed, over bred and injured). You have stated that roosters are illegal to keep where you live, yet you’re still asking if you can keep them with her. You have stated that you really don’t have room to add more chickens, yet you’re still asking how many more females you “need” to keep two illegal roosters. All of your questions have been answered many times. What exactly are you still looking for? Have you shown and discussed all your threads with the options mentioned to your parents? (Just guessing you still live with them.)
I can’t decide... because I used to have 3 chickens and 2 ducks, I had to give away the ducks which was already very sad and then I got another hen and then one of my chickens hens died suddenly and then I only got the 2 cockerels that have been with me the whole times and I wanna keep at least something that I had for 3 months. Because the hen I only had her for a month and the roosters been always by my side so I’m thinking of keeping my nice and gentle rooster and then adding another hen then give one of the other roosters back

I can’t decide... because I used to have 3 chickens and 2 ducks, I had to give away the ducks which was already very sad and then I got another hen and then one of my chickens hens died suddenly and then I only got the 2 cockerels that have been with me the whole times and I wanna keep at least something that I had for 3 months. Because the hen I only had her for a month and the roosters been always by my side so I’m thinking of keeping my nice and gentle rooster and then adding another hen then give one of the other roosters back
How do you plan to keep a rooster where it’s illegal to do so? At this point, since you don’t seem all that attached to the hen, I’d say find them all a new home and get 3 chickens that are old enough so you can know for sure you’re getting all girls.

Okay thanks we are actually planning next year to get all hens since this year I didn’t know that and maybe this year I’ll just have a hen and a rooster
I can't believe I have spent all this time reading these repetitive questions - and the person isn't even Legal to keep Roosters - I think folks are being played here.

The questions have been asked and answered again and again. Either move to where it is LEGAL to have Roosters - and learn how to safely manage them - or rehome them. I'm outta here.

I can't believe I have spent all this time reading these repetitive questions - and the person isn't even Legal to keep Roosters - I think folks are being played here.

The questions have been asked and answered again and again. Either move to where it is LEGAL to have Roosters - and learn how to safely manage them - or rehome them. I'm outta here.
Yes, ridiculous. Hoping a moderater will get involved and close the thread.

I think (and just guessing) that the OP is on the younger side and was hoping to unearth a perfect solution if they just kicked the stone around for long enough. The reality is that there isn't an answer where they can legally keep all 3 birds, short of convincing their household to move to another neighborhood.

I think (and just guessing) that the OP is on the younger side and was hoping to unearth a perfect solution if they just kicked the stone around for long enough. The reality is that there isn't an answer where they can legally keep all 3 birds, short of convincing their household to move to another neighborhood.
Totally agree. At this point it is clear this conversation is pointless. The person concerned needs to realise that they cannot keep their roo no matter how hard it is to get rid of them. Not only that but keeping the roo would be bad for the other birds. This is my final say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom