Help!!!!!!!!

Eva_hatchings

Chirping
Nov 27, 2020
Hey so this is the first time I'm incubating eggs and its the 21st day today and there are no signs of internal pipping or external pipping or movements I candled them out of enthusiasm to see if they pipped internally but no ...but the thing is that the chick was moving ...also to compensate the humidity loss I poured moderately hot water in the water tray to get it humid again....how long will it take to hatch?...will it even hatch..I can't wait!
Would there be any effect on the chuck since I candled it on day 20 ...p s the chuck was moving...
Please help!

Just give it time. It's too early to think of assisting yet. Also the first 24 hours is "Day 0" so you might actually be on Day 20.

What is your temperature at?

Thanks for replying so quick I felt helpless..
Yeah well I saw that the chick had some yolk left to be absorbed and so I thought it was a day behind..I didnt know we had to exclude day 1..the temp is around 99 °F
Does the humidity thing work by adding warm water?
Thank yoy

I add hot water to create instant humidity and I've never seen it cause an appreciable rise in temperature (digital built in thermometer). Especially since I'm doing it right after having the incubator open which causes a drop in temperature anyway. You could technically add 99.5 degree water and it would be 100% safe without the potential to raise the temp in the incubator but also not have the lag of the incubator having to heat up the water before it can be useful humidity.

Also will the chick internally peep today..I.e 20th day ...coz when I candled it yesterday yesterday that is the 19th day it almost covered the entire egg excluding the air cell and had like a tiny bit of yolk left and just a few vessels could be seen...

Back
Top Bottom