Help

Wawesome1424

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2020
My hen looks like she is going to lay an egg but she is shaking and is acting funny, I don't know if maybe she is egg bond or what I should do to help her?

My hen looks like she is going to lay an egg but she is shaking and is acting funny, I don't know if maybe she is egg bond or what I should do to help her?
An egg bound hen will stand straight up like a penguin and pulsate their tails up and down. You can use a gloved hand and insert a finger carefully into her vent to feel for an egg if you suspect she’s eggbound.... be very careful not to break the egg if you find one. That will cause a much bigger issue.

An egg bound hen will stand straight up like a penguin and pulsate their tails up and down. You can use a gloved hand and insert a finger carefully into her vent to feel for an egg if you suspect she’s eggbound.... be very careful not to break the egg if you find one. That will cause a much bigger issue.
She is shaking and when she is trying to walk she falls a trips. She is barely 6months old idk what to do she has never done this.

Attachments

• JPEG_20201210_212616_894666173758626914.jpg
    JPEG_20201210_212616_894666173758626914.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 7
Is it possible that she could have eaten moldy food? Do you have a compost they have access to, or has their actual food gone moldy or spoiled? Any way they could have had access to rotten meat? The shaking and kicking of the leg makes me think possible botulism.
Have your chickens been vaccinated for Mareks?

Is it possible that she could have eaten moldy food? Do you have a compost they have access to, or has their actual food gone moldy or spoiled? Any way they could have had access to rotten meat? The shaking and kicking of the leg makes me think possible botulism.
Have your chickens been vaccinated for Mareks?
No I keep her food fresh and her away from any garbage or anything like that. However, I have not had her vaccinate the closes vet that will care for farm animals is 2 hours away from me.

Back
Top Bottom