Help

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
You need to have more than one chick.
The chicks need supplemental heat.
The chicks need fresh clean water at all times and a good chick starter for feed.
Their bedding needs to be dry and clean.
May I suggest you read up in the Coop and Run forum and the Managing my Flock forum and read some of the coop build articles so you understand what a chicken requires in order to thrive.
We are planning to her her a mate. My chick rather eat bugs then her good. But I leave food out all the time. Thank you for the suggestion I will read it.

Welcome to BYC! I’m so excited to see you joined! This wonderful community of poultry keepers and experts will be very happy to answer whatever questions you may have ☺️
2597B463-677F-4157-AC36-DFECF544032A.png

Hello again.
Turned out she was a he. He started to coo every morning like a male chicken.
So I went and brought a new chiken from near petshop.
And the new girl had a swollen eyes. I thought it might be because she fought with other chicken in the shop and I let them eat from same bowl. But I put them to sleep seperately. And today I noticed puss in the new hens eyes and took her to vet and turned out she had fowl pox. I got eye drops from vet. Is my male one safe?

Hello again.
Turned out she was a he. He started to coo every morning like a male chicken.
So I went and brought a new chiken from near petshop.
And the new girl had a swollen eyes. I thought it might be because she fought with other chicken in the shop and I let them eat from same bowl. But I put them to sleep seperately. And today I noticed puss in the new hens eyes and took her to vet and turned out she had fowl pox. I got eye drops from vet. Is my male one safe?
Swollen eyes with puss it typically a symptom of a respiratory illness. You may want to post pictures in the ER section.
Regardless if it is a respiratory illness or fowl pox, both are typically highly contagious and you cockerel likely has picked up the virus too. Fowl pox will run it course and usually causes no problem unless lesions develop in the throat/mouth.
Respiratory infections can be more insidious.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom