Help?

Kyriastral

In the Brooder
Apr 18, 2021
So we came into a golden lace hen, Goldie. She was attacked by something at her previous home and the rooster was killed. We think she may have a broken leg. How can we help her? We’ve put her in a dog kennel and keep her in the basement at night and I take her out during the day. She’s finally started eating mealworms and I’m also giving her the hydro-hen for babies just so she has extra nutrients. Is there anything else I can do to make sure she’s gonna be okay?

Attachments

• D41E64DE-29D1-45C5-AE1C-40C0E5729921.jpeg
    D41E64DE-29D1-45C5-AE1C-40C0E5729921.jpeg
    636.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
That’s not a golden laced anything, I think that she’s a welsummer. Feel along both of her legs- do all of the joints feel right? Can you feel a break anywhere? Is there anywhere where she reacts in particular pain to your touch? Do her hips feel right?

That’s not a golden laced anything, I think that she’s a welsummer. Feel along both of her legs- do all of the joints feel right? Can you feel a break anywhere? Is there anywhere where she reacts in particular pain to your touch? Do her hips feel right?
I haven’t tried to actually touch her much. She was give to us after her attack and I felt lucky enough to get her to eat. I’m slowly trying to show her I’m trying to help her, so that she doesn’t try to jump up and hurt herself more. I’m hoping mealworms tomorrow morning when I get her out the cage, maybe she’ll let me check her out. She’s only been here 24 hours right now.

Back
Top Bottom