HELP

Also would it be ok to turn the turner on tomorrow after candling if it’s a couple hours past 72 hours or should I do it late tonight?

Thanks
Between 40-65%. In the morning it’s around 38% when I get up. So far during the day I’m keeping it pretty steady around 50-55%. I put a paper napkin in it and it really helped. Got any good ideas for during the night like for 6-7 hours?

Thanks
Sorry for such late responses

How do the air cells look? If there are any loose I wouldn’t turn them yet. If they look good I’d start turning :)

As for your humidity question it has a lot to do with how your incubator works and also the environment around the incubator. Is the water reservoir full? How far open do you have the vent? I like my govee thermometer and hydrometer because I can monitor it from my phone, can also set alerts when the humidity or temp is out of range. At night I would fill the reservoir full an hour or so before bed, check your humidity a few times and adjust the vent accordingly. You’ll kind of have to play with the humidity adjustment until you get it down. This is why I turn my incubator on a few days before my eggs arrive. Hatching eggs in an incubator is like an art or science mixed in with luck lol it’s so addicting

Sorry for such late responses

How do the air cells look? If there are any loose I wouldn’t turn them yet. If they look good I’d start turning :)

As for your humidity question it has a lot to do with how your incubator works and also the environment around the incubator. Is the water reservoir full? How far open do you have the vent? I like my govee thermometer and hydrometer because I can monitor it from my phone, can also set alerts when the humidity or temp is out of range. At night I would fill the reservoir full an hour or so before bed, check your humidity a few times and adjust the vent accordingly. You’ll kind of have to play with the humidity adjustment until you get it down. This is why I turn my incubator on a few days before my eggs arrive. Hatching eggs in an incubator is like an art or science mixed in with luck lol it’s so addicting
I’m checking the air cells this afternoon before turning on the turner. I did have my unit running a couple days before receiving my eggs. Humidity was good. Now it fluctuates from 40% to 57% give or take. I just got my Govee hydrometer yesterday. My incubator temp ranges 99.3 to 99.7 I cannot get it right at the 99.5 which is frustrating

Thanks

I’m checking the air cells this afternoon before turning on the turner. I did have my unit running a couple days before receiving my eggs. Humidity was good. Now it fluctuates from 40% to 57% give or take. I just got my Govee hydrometer yesterday. My incubator temp ranges 99.3 to 99.7 I cannot get it right at the 99.5 which is frustrating

Thanks

Humidity for chicken eggs doesn’t have to be perfect, give or take 10% range during the first 19 days. Some people do what is called a “dry hatch” where they don’t add any water at all unless humidity drops below 20%, I never tried it but it’s just an example of another hatch technique. You just don’t want a huge fluctuation. You can also weigh your eggs and mark air cells to track progress. You want the egg to loose about 12% of their weight at hatch. So if egg has too big of air cell and losing weight too quickly bump up the humidity and if small air cell + not loosing weight on track then decrease the humidity.

Temp will not be exact. 0.5 degree fluctuation is not too bad. There’s not much you can do for that unless you have a very sensitive and expensive incubator. My incubator I can only set in 0.5 increments.

Where do you keep your incubator? Fluctuations with incubator can also be impacted by ambient temp and humidity.

Humidity for chicken eggs doesn’t have to be perfect, give or take 10% range during the first 19 days. Some people do what is called a “dry hatch” where they don’t add any water at all unless humidity drops below 20%, I never tried it but it’s just an example of another hatch technique. You just don’t want a huge fluctuation. You can also weigh your eggs and mark air cells to track progress. You want the egg to loose about 12% of their weight at hatch. So if egg has too big of air cell and losing weight too quickly bump up the humidity and if small air cell + not loosing weight on track then decrease the humidity.

Temp will not be exact. 0.5 degree fluctuation is not too bad. There’s not much you can do for that unless you have a very sensitive and expensive incubator. My incubator I can only set in 0.5 increments.

Where do you keep your incubator? Fluctuations with incubator can also be impacted by ambient temp and humidity.

Great thanks for letting me know this. It’s setup in my room because it’s pretty much not the n use till in the evening so no swinging inside temps goin on even in the evening. I’m sure once I start the auto turner my temperature inside incubator will change when motor gets warmed up

Thanks

This is where I’m trying to keep my incubator at?

Attachments

• 461BAE1D-6E04-4E9C-B6C9-10D4DCC6A69D.png
    461BAE1D-6E04-4E9C-B6C9-10D4DCC6A69D.png
    603.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom