Help!

TennesseeTruly

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Church Hill, TN
I put some Gold Lace Cochin eggs in my incubator 2 days ago,

My humidity has been staying at 45% for the past 2 days. Today I go in and the humidity is up to 77%!!

Hubby says he read the directions on the hovabator and it says the humidity should be at 94% so he was trying to up it!!!!

Are my eggs ruined now??? He added the extra water last night without telling me!! GRRR

Help!

Laurie

Yeah 94% is really high! I am sure that your eggs are fine! just lower the humidity to about 45% and keep it there and then candle at day 7 and see what you have!

Now is the best time for that to have happened. They're not trying to hatch. It's fine. Deep breath, let hubby live. And don't worry much about candling results until day 10, and only start worrying for real at day 14.

Thank you thank you but....how do I lower the humidity? I removed some of the water by putting a sponge in there and soaking up some of the water. I have the humidity down to 70% right now.

Laurie

Quote:
Try cracking the bator's cover open SLIGHTLY. This should help moister to come out. But if temp. begins to go too low or drop drastically, put cover back on. You should also try wiping away any perspiration("sweat") on the walls of the bator, if there is any.
Good luck and don't worry too much! Oh and be sure to let your hubby live! lol
roll.png

Hubby is still alive and I have to leave the 'bator open just a crack or else it goes up to 55%. With it opened just a bit, the temp and humidity stays stable. YAY!

Thanks for everyone's help!

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom