help??

Ashley129

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2021
i have several white doves and there in a cage outside and recently a cat has gotten to them and tried to grab one of the doves and it got injured on its wing,it drinks water like normal eats aswell but it tries to fly and fails and then bleeds more.when it uses the bathroom it like liquid im not sure what to do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 1
Treat for shock first of all-sugar water with electrolytes if you can. Looks like you have it in a safe place so that is good until someone with more experience can help. I know a little about treating wounds but nothing about doves so I don't want to steer you wrong.

Treat for shock first of all-sugar water with electrolytes if you can. Looks like you have it in a safe place so that is good until someone with more experience can help. I know a little about treating wounds but nothing about doves so I don't want to steer you wrong.
great thanks I will be giving it sugar and electrolytes

I know nothing of doves, but I’m sorry about the injuries. The wounds can be cleaned with saline, Hibiclens (chlorhexidene) and water, or a wound spray such as Vetericyn, Microsyn, etc. Then when dry, apply some plain Neosporin or other antibiotic ointment twice a day.

I would also separate it incase the others might harm it’s wounds. Is seeing a vet possible? Are the other pigeons now safe from the cat getting to them?
it Is seperated,i called the vet and there low on staff so it would take awhile to get the dove checked out.the other doves are still outside there covered with blankets and tarp I’m hoping no cats will be able to reach them and I’m scared to go to sleep and wake up with one of them hurt or dead

Back
Top Bottom