HELP!

Toomey5

Hatching
Feb 11, 2023
HELP!
20230211_112609.jpg
20230211_112626.jpg

So im new to incubating my duck cayuga duck eggs. Figured id give it a shot this year. I have 1 egg that is at the end of its incubation stage but its getting dark spots you can notice from the outside of its shell. I havent seen any signs of piping either. Im not sure if its still alive or not? Anyone ever seen this happen before? Thanks!

If you see shadowing along the air cell with up and down in a pattern movement that’s breathing
If baby is in the air cell with the beak you can make a safety hole so air can get in as we don’t know how long it would have been since internal pip. If baby is breathing but not in the air cell then we need to find the bruise on where he is trying to hit the egg outside the air cell
Start by candling and tell me what you see
You can video it and post it to YouTube and post the link if you need help figuring it out

Last edited:
its kind of hard to see whats going on with it. The bubble near air cell, if i hold light up to it, it becomes clear. I also dont see any bruising anywhere on the egg to give me any sign it might be where hes trying to come out of.

20230211_192307.jpg

Attachments

• 20230211_192350.jpg
    20230211_192350.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I can still see a a few veins close to the air cell. They look good and not blown out. But i dont see movement. I think the incubator light kinda sticks, i dont think its bright enough

I can still see a a few veins close to the air cell. They look good and not blown out. But i dont see movement. I think the incubator light kinda sticks, i dont think its bright enough
At this stage it’s hard but there should be some flickering around the back of the air cell
Could you see a beak in the air cell ?
The bruising is indication baby is trying to internal or external pip as it’s hit a vein
Or baby has passed big guy still see veins and that indicates life still

Back
Top Bottom