HELP!

Got_The_Chick_Itch

Songster
6 Years
Mar 5, 2018
My Coop
My Coop
This is my five-year-old chicken named Dakota. I came out to check on them this morning and she was sitting in her nesting box which she usually doesn’t do unless she’s laying in an egg and when I open the doors to let them out she wouldn’t come out , so I picked her up to check her out and she has poop that’s the color and consistency of egg yolks all over her bottom and she’s very lethargic and puffed up. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?
IMG_9228.jpeg
IMG_9229.jpeg

She maybe suffering from a broken egg or reproductive infection. Do you have any calcium citrate and amoxicillin?
What's her diet? That can complicate things.

She maybe suffering from a broken egg or reproductive infection. Do you have any calcium citrate and amoxicillin?
What's her diet? That can complicate things.
I do not have amoxicillin or calcium citrate. She eats Purina layer crumbles with grit and calcium supplements.

I would get some calcium citrate with vitamin D from Walmart, and generic is fine. Give 1 tablet into the beak to swallow once daily for several days. Tums will work until you get calcium. Offer fluids and some scrambled egg or watery feed. Clean her off with soapy warm water unless she is real weak, since that could make her worse. Dry her well.

Back
Top Bottom