help

bryan8

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
New york
Well I got a order for 30 bobwhite quail but the guy lives 4 hours away and he wants them shipped.

How would I go about shipping 30 full grown bobwhite quail?

Any ideas on what it would cost?

~Bryan

Last edited:
Full Grown Birds Can Only Be Shipped Via Horizon Box And Overnight Air--- Theres A Limit To The Number Of Birds Per Box--- There's Different Sizes-- And The Cost Is Dependant On That--- It Will Be More Than Likely Astronomical.

1st Pick A Horizon Box And Get The Specifics On How Many It Will Hold, You Can Go To The Usps Web Site And Look Up Any And All Regulations For Shipping Live Birds--- You Can Gestimate How Much It Will Weigh And Get A Rough Idea Shipping Price Quite From The Same Web Site. The Easiest Way I Know To Get Horizon Boxes Would Be From Eggbid Auctions.

In Reality It Would Be Cheaper, Easier, And Safer For The Birds Health If He Picked Them Up.

Good Luck

Yea that's what I thought. Ive sold hundred of birds and I've always done pick up and that's what I'm
staying with.

Thanks for your help

Dont Get Me Wrong, Its Not Hard To Ship Them --- Just Really Expensive. If You Want To Be Able To Ship Live Birds Just Get Horizon Boxes And Keep Them On Hand.... Most Folks Who Ship Live Birds Do So As Price Of Birds+ Box Fee(anywhere From $7.00 To 15.00) + Actual Shipping Costs. Some Folks Dont Mind Paying The Price...

Its Harder On The Birds, And You Cant Insure Them As Usps Wont Pay For Dead Birds, Or Cracked Eggs.

The Art Of Shipping Them Usually Isnt Hard Either--- Assemble The Horizon Box, Place Bedding In There, Place Some Cut Up Fruit In There And The Birds, Seal, Address, And Take To The Post Office 1st Thing! Done!

But If Most Folks Are Like Me-- Living On A Budget, I'd Say The Cost Usually Deters Them--- I Know It Does Me.

Quote:
If the box is smashed they will pay for it.

Quote:
It does me also.

NO THEY WONT INSURE LIVE BIRDS. OR BROKEN EGGS. THEY ONLY ENSURE THAT YOU GET THE BOX--- NOT THE CONDITION OF IT OR THE CONTENTS. AND THEY INSURE THAT YOU GET THE OVERNIGHT BOX IN SOMETHING LIKE 3-5 DAYS--- NOT OVERNIGHT!

Quote:
If the box is smashed they will pay for it.

Quote:
It does me also.

NO THEY WONT INSURE LIVE BIRDS. OR BROKEN EGGS. THEY ONLY ENSURE THAT YOU GET THE BOX--- NOT THE CONDITION OF IT OR THE CONTENTS. AND THEY INSURE THAT YOU GET THE OVERNIGHT BOX IN SOMETHING LIKE 3-5 DAYS--- NOT OVERNIGHT!

I'm standing on this one. I had to take in the PayPal receipt that matched the address but the insurance covered it. If the box isn't smashed they won't cover it & you will still have to argue them because most of the postal worker don't know there own rules. They will go on the web site 7 read them if you press it though.

It might be better to hire someone with a van off craigslist or something to drive the birds to him, heck that's only an 8 hour day, maybe for $10.00 an hour or something like that, and the gas maybe it would be best and cheaper than shipping in 15 boxes or so.

Back
Top Bottom