Help!!!!!!!

Kovalciks Chickens

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Richmond, Michigan
I need some help. I live in Michigan and I own some prized show birds, Japanese Bantams. I only have a poorly insulated, drafty coop. This is my first year with these birds and I do not want them to get frostbit combs. Anyway I can stop them from getting frostbite? Or ways of improving or adding something to my coop?

I live in TN and both my coops have a little ceramic heater with a thermostat set at 40 degrees hanging in an area that is away from anything that might catch fire.

Please consider changing the title of your post to something that indicates what your question relates to - you'll get more feedback if you do so.

You can coat their combs with petroleum jelly or Bag Balm, every other day, but it is not 100% foolproof. It really depends how cold it gets. Insulating your coop will help, as well. If you do a search on here int he coop section for insulation ideas, you'll find lots of options!! BEST of luck, and don't worry - you'll find something that will work for you as far as insulation!

Back
Top Bottom