Help!

Yeah, that's what I have.
smile.png
As well as this insect diet that was recommended on a different site. I see him eat both.

And I will call them if I intend to keep it for any period of time. I am trying my best to give it to somewhere BETTER than my house right now, so it's not my main priority to get permission to own it when I don't intend to for longer than a couple more days. But thanks a bunch for informing me, because I really had no idea that was necessary. ^^; Wouldn't want to get fined for ignorance!

I had a baby pigeon that needed help when I lived in Nevada and could not find anyone to help. I ended up raising it without much information to go on (many years ago, with a lot less internet to reference). She ended up fine and I didn't even know she needed heat, but Nevada is pretty hot. Anyway Craigslist is your best bet to find a chick to keep it company. A stuffed animal does work well as it gives them security and something to snuggle up with. I would also try and pick up some commercial feed for it, I don't know what quail require since I don't raise them, but I imagine it would be much higher protien than regular chick starter, maybe game bird feed ground up, or moistened cat food?? Ask around about that, I am sure someone here knows. Also, I have used a heating pad with my chicks rather than a light and they were fine with that, it's not much different than mama if you have a stuffed animal there with it. It's not like you have severely extreme temperatures to worry about.
Kudos to you for rescuing the little guy and for trying your best to help him. You did the right thing in my opinion.
thumbsup.gif
Don't be discouraged, it seems there is always someone that feels the need to criticize because you didn't do what they believe to be right.

Quote:
CALL FISH AND WILDLIFE--- WHO DO YOU THINK LICENCES THE REHAB FACILITIES AND INSPECTS THEM? FISH AND WILDLIFE--- WHO BETTER WOULD KNOW OF OPEN AND CAPABLE REHAB FACILITIES THAN THE REGULATORY BODY OVER THEM? AND LIKE I SAID EARLIER--- THEY ARE ALWAYS OPEN
smile.png

Thanks a bunch.
smile.png
I stole a little stuffed den from my conure and put it in his cage. The cage I have has a glass wall splitting it in half with the heating pad partially under each half, and I have sand that heats up on the other side piled up against the wall, so it gives off a REALLY lot of heat through the glass. He likes to cuddle between that wall and the stuffed den. He doesn't much pay attention the stuffed bird I have in there, but he has quieted now that he has a soft and warm place that squeeze himself into.

I really hope to find someone within the next few days who understands more of what they're doing and has other small birds he can bond with. I feel like he's really lonely even though I try to give him as much attention as I can. But if worst comes to worst I will obtain another quail so I can at least raise them together haha.

And thanks for the kind words. >.< I never suggest raising just one to anyone, seriously. It's enough to drive someone to insanity when he KNOWS you're there and you can't hang out with him at that moment haha.

I also think you have been doing the exact thing that i would have done. Keep up the good work and i'll still bet craigs list will help you alot also some grated boiled egg is good for the little guy to I wish i were closer to take the little guy for ya. I have quail and love having babies around.

CALL FISH AND WILDLIFE--- WHO DO YOU THINK LICENCES THE REHAB FACILITIES AND INSPECTS THEM? FISH AND WILDLIFE--- WHO BETTER WOULD KNOW OF OPEN AND CAPABLE REHAB FACILITIES THAN THE REGULATORY BODY OVER THEM? AND LIKE I SAID EARLIER--- THEY ARE ALWAYS OPEN

I will contact them tomorrow if the numbers I have don't lead me to someone who will take him off my hands.
smile.png

Quote:
It might not die and hopefully it doesnt but, it will be alone quails specially babies need buddies.
I was gonna say that I would take it away from you but youre too far.

I also think you have been doing the exact thing that i would have done. Keep up the good work and i'll still bet craigs list will help you alot also some grated boiled egg is good for the little guy to I wish i were closer to take the little guy for ya. I have quail and love having babies around.

It might not die and hopefully it doesnt but, it will be alone quails specially babies need buddies.
I was gonna say that I would take it away from you but youre too far.

Believe me I REALLY wish one of you was close too! It seems like Nevada is determined for me to go crazy before finally giving me someone who'll take him.​

As far as the permit goes, you might actually dont need one to raise this kind of bird, here in California you need it because there native birds to the state, but if youre not planning to keep the bird for more than 30 days you dont need it at all. Good luck!

Quote:
Well I hope the rule applies here too then. I will read up on it tonight or tomorrow.
smile.png
And thanks!

Back
Top Bottom