Help

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by NYGirl89, Aug 24, 2011.

1. NYGirl89

NYGirl89 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2011
    I have 3 Muscovy ducks. 2 of them are ganging up the bigger 1. They were making the wing feathers bleed. Now she doesn't have any feathers under her wing.. Is this a normal? I seperated them for 2 days, today being the 3rd, i put them back together in our big yard and all seemed well until i went out to put them back in their tinier yard/pen.

I'm considering getting rid of her, it breaks my heart to do so. But i don't want to see her get picked on [​IMG]

2. kkattt

kkattt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Massachusetts
    How old are they? Male or females? If it is two males and one female-- they are competing for love! Separate them!

3. NYGirl89

Aug 22, 2011
    Quote:I believe their a couple months old. Not sure if their female or male.. I have a feeling all females..

4. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Yes, age will help.

5. NYGirl89

Aug 22, 2011
    Their still getting their adult feathers. When i got them 3 weeks ago, they were tiny and baldish

[​IMG]
    3 weeks ago..

I'm guessing their 3-4 months old

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Separate them until the pin/blood feathrs have matured. It's a bad habit that they have started, and now they have a taste for blood. Added protein in their diet may help with this problem.

7. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Quote:get some no-pick lotion (http://www.roosterboosterproducts.com/product/50910). Muscovy are notorious for this... they don't do it to be mean usually. Mine will do it because the particular feathers look interesting, then there's blood and that's really interesting. I use this stuff and it works like a charm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by