HELP!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by silkielover1731, Apr 6, 2012.

1. silkielover1731

silkielover1731 Chillin' With My Peeps

i just went out to the coop to get eggs and my youngest silkie that hatched in june just attacked me! she is on a nest and she is mean! meaner than her mom! i dont even think there is any eggs under her she is just being a bratty chicken is there any ways i can check to see there is any eggs under her? any info would be great
    thanks,
    Silkielover1731

2. Eggsoteric

Eggsoteric Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Don a pair of leather gloves, wear a long-sleeved shirt, then pick her up off the nest and see if there are any eggs under her. I can certainly sympathize with you. I have one banty hen that's broody right now (she even has my husband intimidated).

3. QualityPolish

QualityPolish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Utah
    Well it sounds like she is going broody ^^ Well, I would if she's extremely mean and even drawing blood I would wear leather gloves that go almost completely up your arm and just pick her up. It may help to do this at night, just so she's a little more groggy but other than that it shouldn't be very hard just make sure you're wearing protection if she truly is blood drawing mean ;)
    QP

4. silkielover1731

my mom said when she went out last night while wearing leather gloves she still drew blood through the gloves and she was wearing a heavy coat too.

5. silkielover1731

should i just leave her be? and not try to move her if she has feritle eggs? or attempt to move her into a cage in the coop?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by