HELP!!!

I'm back from the vet and she gave Plum an injection of baytril with one for me to give in the morning and after that, oral baytril.
She said to clean the wound again in the morning and treat with the neosporin cream I used this morning.
Plum will be residing in the kitchen for them time being. She thinks Plum will be ok.
I still have a sinking feeling about her.
I have spent some time on the internet looking for a picture of the maggot [?] I removed this morning. Looked like a maggot backside but the front end was pointy and had 2 legs. It was clear to the mid-section and it moved fast...probably 1/8 inch in length. If I find anymore, I'm saving one.
I'll keep you all posted.
Charis

Hi Charis,
Suggest adding vitamins and electrolytes to her water if you haven't already. Durvet has one for poultry that should be available at a feed store near you so it can be started right away. You can provide this for a couple of days. Meanwhile you can also order Avia Charge 2000 on line, if you don't have it, and supplement her water with this when it arrives. This can be given daily.
You might also give her scrambled eggs (one egg mixed well plus one tablespoon water and put in microwave for maybe 45 seconds then mix well and let cool to room temp), fresh yogurt, sunflower seeds- things to bolster her spirit and health.
Sending many good wishes for her healing.
JJ

I was readying about postin in this section last night and realized I did not head my thread in a way that was most helpfu. I want you to know that I'm sorry and will be more diligent in the future. HOestly, I was really panicked which is unusual for me as I'm asways the calm one.

Plum has had her bottom cleaned a bit ago and also had her baytril shot. Her crop is still full from the food she ate last night and there were very few poops in the kennel this morning.
She is curious, walking around the kitchen and at this moment, perching on the back of my chair.

Back
Top Bottom