HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv the chicken

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 26, 2013
Hi all,
I have a 6 yrs old chicken who is very skinny and she has started to lose balance and is fallin over and she is twitching her head and legs.
Plz if f anyone could help
fl.gif
hit.gif

she started twitching after i gave her a warm bath to clean the poop of her vent and she isnt opening her eyes

she started twitching after i gave her a warm bath to clean the poop of her vent and she isnt opening her eyes

Get the electrolytes into her,do you have electrolytes? If not you can use gatorade or make your own,here is one recipe: to 1 gallon of water add: 1 tsp baking soda,1 tsp table salt,1 Tablespoon sugar. Try and get some into her. Her being skinny could be several things,check her crop for an impacted crop or sour crop,check her for lice/mites,look under wings around base of tail feathers. Has she ever been wormed? How long has she not been eating/drinking? If she has not been drinking,she may be dehydrated.

Last,it unfortunately may be her time,do the best you can,give her a kiss and a hug,she knows you love her.

Note: cut recipe for electrolytes in 1/2 to make smaller amount.

Last edited:
she doesnt have a impacted crop and she has never been wormed and do i need a syringe to give her the electrolytes??

she doesnt have a impacted crop and she has never been wormed and do i need a syringe to give her the electrolytes??

just answered your pm. You can use a syringe,but i prefer a sml bowl/bottle,no accidentally aspirating her this way. Has she been pooping and what does it look like?

Last edited:
Have you been able to get any water into her? Pick her up and keep gently trying to wake her. I feel it is her time,prepare yourself for her passing.

Back
Top Bottom