help!

What type of antibiotics can i give them??? I have siegels ecol-tonic i use it on my pigeons once a week... but im very new to chickens. And not sure what type of meds to buy to treat them

I tried taking a pic of her. But you can not see that her nose is clogged up... so i dont think it will do any good to post it

What type of antibiotics can i give them??? I have siegels ecol-tonic i use it on my pigeons once a week... but im very new to chickens. And not sure what type of meds to buy to treat them

You mean your current flock? Are any of them acting sick or showing any symptoms of respiratory distress? Giving antibiotics blindly/without reason is a really bad idea!

No but they where with the sick bird for 5 or 6 hours. And when i moved her i did not move her far just a few feet. Now she is about 40 to 50 feet away. I also got a rooster from the same guy. I traded a yokahama pair for the sweater pair... should i give him any thing? And does the pullet need antibiotics??? If so what do i need to buy. I just want them healthy and happy

Last edited:
First, go ahead and put the sick one on antibiotics. It has a respiratory infection of SOME sort, and those are usually caused by bacteria. Even if there is an underlying cause, the antibiotics will stop the secondary infection.

If you have a tractor supply near you, look for Tylan, or Duramycin. You'll need about. 2 mL/cc for each chicken. That's not very much at all, so be careful! They should also sell the syringes and needles there for it.

Then, keep a very close eye on the others. If they start to develop the same symptoms, don't bother separating them anymore - the whole flock already has it. Instead, start treating the whole flock the same way with antibiotics. Although when treating an entire flock, its best to go with the powder that you add to drinking water, and not the injectable kind.

Ok I will go to Tractor Supply tomorrow...is there any other type of basic medications I should buy while I'm there? in case any OTHER? type of sickness occurs

Corid is good for treating Cocci infections, but as long as you keep your chickens relatively clean and dry, and don't plan to add more either by breeding or buying, you shouldn't really see any signs of cocci.

Back
Top Bottom