help!

skylark

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 26, 2013
I have 9 eggs in my inci. They werent candled as I found it really hard to see anything previously, they are really dark shells. Today is day 21. Yesterday at about 6am one of the eggs hatched and we have a lovely, very loud and lively chick. She is still in the inci which of course I havent opened... but as yet there is not a single thing from any of the other eggs, no peeping movement, pips, nothing. I know my single chick should be ok for up to 72 hours in there , which gives me until Sat 6am, but Im worried if nothing has happened by then with the others I will simply have to open the inci to get her into the brooder :( Poor little thing, I dont want her to end up on her own.

I'm sorry
hugs.gif
Hopefully they're just slow developers...I would give them another day or two, then do a couple of eggtopsies to find out what went wrong for future reference.

After a normal hatch (day 22), we had three late (sticky chicks) that had an assisted hatch at day 26.

One chick survived of those three, and is thriving- although he is bald in patches from having membrane stuck to him. Sometimes they just take their sweet time. We had nearly taken them out of the incubator along with the infertile/ quitter eggs. If they hadn't started peeping right at that moment, he wouldn't likely have made it.

Back
Top Bottom