help

gracie58

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 11, 2014
i have a baby monitor one outside and one in my room since i am a light sleeper, i heard a chicken screaming so i ran outside and saw my cat run buy real fast at first i thought it was the cat getting the chickens but then i saw a racoon chasing it i had a metal baseball bat was hitting the side of the porch the racoon moved a little but kept on trying to come back i threw things at it but it didnt do anything so i let my lab and pit out that chased it away but it keeps on trying to come back will fox urine or anything keep it away?

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

The best way to protect your flock from predators is to keep them in a predator proof coop and run. You will never keep predators out of your yard. You can remove them, shoot them or scare them away, but there will always be another one right behind to fill this spot. So make sure your coop and run is completely predator proof and you won't have to worry about things getting at your birds. NorthFLChick has left you with a great link. You can also stop by our Predators forums and ask for more help as well...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/13/predators-and-pests

I hope you can keep your babies safe! :)

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! X3, predator proofing is really the only way to keep your animals safe, NorthFLChick and TwoCrows have left you with some good links to check out.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

The best way to protect your flock from predators is to keep them in a predator proof coop and run. You will never keep predators out of your yard. You can remove them, shoot them or scare them away, but there will always be another one right behind to fill this spot. So make sure your coop and run is completely predator proof and you won't have to worry about things getting at your birds. NorthFLChick has left you with a great link. You can also stop by our Predators forums and ask for more help as well...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/13/predators-and-pests

I hope you can keep your babies safe! :)

Agree 1000 times over.

my chicken wont stay in their coop they are either in a tree by the coop or on the back porch

Back
Top Bottom