Help!

his leg is even more swollen today
1f631.png
I cannot find a avian vet to take him too and I really don't have the money! Do either of you know anything about how to lance it? I am not fAmiliar with this at all. He seems to be very much in pain and gets upset if j mess with his leg.

He is still doing the same. thank goodness for newspaper!

I know newspaper is much easier to throw away when soiled but having a leg injury you might want to keep him on old towels so when he gets up to walk he isn't sliding. old towels can be wash and give traction. Do you have him on an antibiotic?

I had him on a towel.. It was a huge mess though! Maybe I will put a towel underneath the newspaper.

I have the proper layers, so each time he poops I just take that layer off, notice the picture I had
Not taken that layer off yet
1f61b.png

his leg is even more swollen today
1f631.png
I cannot find a avian vet to take him too and I really don't have the money! Do either of you know anything about how to lance it? I am not fAmiliar with this at all. He seems to be very much in pain and gets upset if j mess with his leg.
I can't imagine how you would even cut that. it looks very painful. Are you giving him an antibiotic to fight the infection?He needs to be on an antibiotic if this has gone systemic it can kill him. Do you have a local vet you use? can you send an email with pics asking what they think this may be and how to treat, and if they would sell you an antibiotic or tell you what one to use.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom