help

molllllly

Hatching
Mar 24, 2015
my chicken is really sick she wont move or eat, or drink unless i bring it to her and put it right under her beak. at first we thought she was egg bound and put her in a cage with hot water underneath to create steam, but she past an egg and still has all the symptoms. what do i do?

You should answer these questions to give more information on this bird :).

1) What type of bird , age and weight
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?

Does she have any respiratory or breathing issues (nasal drainage, sneeze, rattly breathing, eye swelling or drainage?) Is there any diarrhea or blood in the poop? Can she stand or walk if you lift her? How old is she? Have you added any new chickens lately?

I don't know what kind of chicken just a brown one. She is young only like two maybe. She is better today. Still won't walk but is a lot more alert and eating. It was only yesterday we first noticed she was different although she wasn't laying the few days before this. There is only one other bird at our house at the moment and she is perfectly fine. There isn't any broken bones or bleeding but we did at first think that the neigh our could have given her a scare overnight. When she eats she having just this laying mix and shell grit. And just drinking water reluctantly. I don't believe it would b worth taking her to the vet as it cost a lot and they will just put her down. She sort of stands when we lift her but then seems to not be able to hold herself up.

Hi guys I just want everyone to know that our chicken is totally back to normal. We never actually found out what is was that was wrong but she is healthy now I can only hope that it stays that way. Thankyou all for trying to help

Back
Top Bottom