HELP1 TIRED BABY CHICK! ONLY A FEW DAYS OLD

chickies422

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 4, 2012
okay, so i just bought five baby chicks and they all seemed fine when they got here. its been 3 days and one has been acting very lethargic, wont eat or stand, chirps very loudly and all she does is lay in the corner. the others are fine and thriving but she wont perk up! i tried giving her sugar water and it had no effect! HELP!

I had a chick last Spring that was the same way, I never did find out what was wrong with it. I hope you have better luck than I did.

My little one survived, but just barely. It turned out to be a rooster and he is now my favorite bird in the flock.

He seemed sleepy, and would stand around with his head in the corner. He was developmentally delayed, he was a month old before he could jump up and perch on the edge of the brooder. He was always the loudest chirper. I ended up feeding him with a syringe for a while to make sure he got enough to eat and drink. He was, and still is a slow learner; we named him Short Bus, you know, like the one the Special Ed kids ride.

Good Luck!

yeah, ive taken a particular liking to this one and im afraid im going to loose her, any advice?

Back
Top Bottom