I talked to them twice today and am going to try hatching some guinea eggs. I set them today.
Not sure if i posted a picture of the rabbit condo with the plywood on the doors.
20180307_172827.jpg

It will be warmer for them now. I only used 4 screws on each so i can take the plywood off when it gets hot.

Cappy, is the temp control digital or solid state ?
solid state can be a nightmare, but once you get it mastered, it is great..
my sportsmans have two thermostats. one I use as a back up shut off in case the temp goes too high.. (which has never happened) .
the back up is a wafer type.
the solid state has a very quick response time.
the indicator light almost just flickers when the solid state kicks in and out..
In my brooder inside the main chicken coop, I also cover the mesh with plywood. the four individual coops are each 4 feet long . only half of the coop is covered with the plywood so that the chicks can get to a cooler spot if they desire.

On Thursday, we successfully air freighted the puppy to Florida. we got an email that she arrived, safe and happy.
On Friday, some people came from about an hour's drive and bought a puppy,
now we have just one left.. right now she is outside playing in the snow with her mother..

......jiminwisc......

Cappy, is the temp control digital or solid state ?
solid state can be a nightmare, but once you get it mastered, it is great..
my sportsmans have two thermostats. one I use as a back up shut off in case the temp goes too high.. (which has never happened) .
the back up is a wafer type.
the solid state has a very quick response time.
the indicator light almost just flickers when the solid state kicks in and out..
In my brooder inside the main chicken coop, I also cover the mesh with plywood. the four individual coops are each 4 feet long . only half of the coop is covered with the plywood so that the chicks can get to a cooler spot if they desire.

On Thursday, we successfully air freighted the puppy to Florida. we got an email that she arrived, safe and happy.
On Friday, some people came from about an hour's drive and bought a puppy,
now we have just one left.. right now she is outside playing in the snow with her mother..

......jiminwisc......
Its digital as far as i can tell but not into electronics...

OK, I did some reading up about the proportional thermostat.
what you have is a digital read out.
all that does is tell you what the temperature is.
the thermostat is solid state. you do not have a wafer thermostat.. that is good.

to get to the setting you want, you have to exercise some patience, Grasshopper..

instead of just turning on the heat and letting the heating coils heat up to temperature, the thermostat you have pulses electricity to the heating coils and heats them up gradually.

by doing it this way, the temperature won't (shouldn't) go above what you are looking for.

as in any incubator, the humidity will affect the heat. dryer air heats up more..

but as I understand it, the incuview should not have a problem with dryer vs moist air as much as the styrofoam boxes do..

I wouldn't give up on it.. initial set up might take a while, but I think once it is set, it should hardly ever be necessary to mess with it..

I always preset my incubators without any moisture in them. I set the back up thermostat to 100F.. when I add water, the temperature drops.. if the temp goes up to 100F during incubation, then I know it is dry and I need to add water.
I seldom have that problem because I have 5 gallon automatic water storage to fill my reservoirs that are inside the incubator..
i made them for about $9.oo for the whole system..
.......jiminwisc........

I finished running the bunny water system in the barn so those bunnies all have automatic waterers. A lot less hassle unless it freezes. Next i need to make hay racks for them.
Today i built the doors for the quail hut, started to cut plywood and realised the clock in the workshop had not been changed and i missed lunch! Darned time change!

good nice sunny almost springlike morning,
I have to go get a can of gas for the tractor.
I want to scrape the parking area so the sun can get at the ice on the bottom..

the pup we have left is turning into a spoiled brat
will make someone a nice pet ..
she loves everybody who comes here.

I noticed that the maple trees are not tapped at the places along the hwy .. maybe they are not doing it this year ?? IDK

........jiminwisc......

Back
Top Bottom