How much were they?
My local Lowes is selling whitewood 2x4x8s at more than $5 ea, pressure treated at just under $6 (on special - they are claiming a regular prize of $7.77!!!!!!!). That's 2.5x, almost 3x where they were this spring, and i live down the street from a lumber mill, most of my neighbors grow southern pine for timber on acreage they aren't using for cattle. I can't imagine what prices must be like elsewhere in the nation.

I was shocked at the price of 2x4s yesterday. I usually buy mine at the saw mill. I only needed 3, but the prices are crazy high. Also disappointed at the lack of exterior paint in the mistint rack.
I did buy some decking at the Restore, $1 a piece, but they were about 4 feet long. Plan to build a goat milking table with them. I need to teach my girls to jump up on there
I just went to the dump today to check out the metal and lumber pile today to look for fencing or anything else useful and I was turned away! I’m kinda furious. Reusing things is really great in a lot of ways, for everyone, and now we’re not allowed. I don’t know what to do but I think I’ve got grounds to complain. What should I do? Any tips for positive change?

when I had goats, I made a feed box on the milking stand. they soon learned that was where to get a treat. You might need a short piece of rope to hook onto their collar so they don't jump down when the treats are gone.
but goats are quick learners and soon you won't need the rope.
I had one goat that could stand on her front legs and kick with both hind legs. but ever she settled down in a couple of days..
.......jiminwisc.......

when we first moved to the rural area, there was a town dump. It had a caretaker. No metal picking was allowed. However he made a lot of money on copper and cast iron. Back then you were allowed to burn the coating off of copper wire. Can't do that anymore.
......jiminwisc.......

Got the gate finished in the barnyard today, done that installation. Ripped out the balcony and ramp I used for the quail and put a perch in there. Using it for an extra rooster right now. I wanted to repaint it,but I didn't think it would be dry by the time the rooster needed to go back in. Have to do it earlier in the day.
And I got 2 loads of old logs and brush out of the area I am getting ready to fence in for Turkey Town. It's so much easier to catch wandering birds if they are fenced in. And it makes it harder for predators to snatch and run. Hubby thinks I am getting carried away.
20201210_131156.jpg

today was quite uneventful ,. I did rack two jugs of wine. I don't think I will have to do that again. or, maybe just one more time ..
I have one more jug to do. but I will give it a couple more days..
No word on Ollie. no problem,,,no snow..
....jiminwisc.........

I just went to the dump today to check out the metal and lumber pile today to look for fencing or anything else useful and I was turned away! I’m kinda furious. Reusing things is really great in a lot of ways, for everyone, and now we’re not allowed. I don’t know what to do but I think I’ve got grounds to complain. What should I do? Any tips for positive change?
My dad & I were repurposing in the 70s, we'd take a load to the dump & "shop" while there. A few times the truck weighed more when we left than when we went in! LOL They stopped letting people pick through to repurpose in Delaware many years ago. It is a terrible waste. Why clog up landfills with things that can be used? We have become a disposable society. Very wasteful.

Back
Top Bottom