Yes, we had a wonderful day yesterday! My son and family visited.
20231122_143111.jpg

I have built severao coops over the years
none of them are easy to clean.
If I could go back about sixty years and do it over I would
pour a cement slab about 12ft x 16ft .
i would put two tiers of cement block on three sides. on the end with no cement blocks I would put in an overhead garage door.
when it is time to clean the coop, I would oopen the door and drive the tractor with the bucket in and scrape the floor.
In my present coop, I have nothing on the floor. the ten nests are hung from the wall.
the roosts are easily removable.
I take a window out and park the tractor bucket at the window and pitch the s#-t right into the bucket.
my coop is 12 x 16. after adding bedding all winter long, the litter is about 9 inches thick
about three buckets full.
I also have a floor drain so I can hose the floor after I get it all shoveled out.

Today I made turkey bone soup. Simmer the carcass for an hour, then pick off the meat. Amazing how much is still on there, once you simmer it. I added a bunch of cubed veggies, cooked some more and hubby was in soup heaven. He loves my soups.

Today I made turkey bone soup. Simmer the carcass for an hour, then pick off the meat. Amazing how much is still on there, once you simmer it. I added a bunch of cubed veggies, cooked some more and hubby was in soup heaven. He loves my soups.
I use a slow cooker on low for 12 hours, makes good broth!

Back
Top Bottom