"Scrub top"??? Are you a medical type person?
I retired as an ICU nurse a few years ago. LOL...I remember messing up the laundry with a pen in my pocket...life goes on.
The last washer/dryer screwup involved a Sharpie that HE was using to mark lumber for the chicken run.
I forgave him and moved on. Nobody really gives a flying fajita what the inside of the washer looks like anyway.
Yeah, i am an LPN. First i worked in a hospital on a woman's floor for post ops. But the patient load just kept getting bigger. When they gave the patients cell phones to call the nurses as well as call buttons, i found a job in a doctors office. Still, work your butt off and no appreciation. I was always the last to leave on Friday night because i made sure all the Rxs got done. Any way, they let me go from that job for doing a refill for a patient with an appointment who had not been seen yet. A person who worked for them for 20 years, needed her blood pressure medication. Something they had okayed for other patients many many times. I had a whole list of meds i could okay if labs up to date and visits current. Any way, i was really upset and left there crying. I worked there 10 years. Even took a day off to take their dog with a broken leg to the vet. After the fact, they called and wanted me to go back there. The patients were complaining things not getting done in a timely manner. Really!? Wonder why? No one calling the drug reps for samples or keeping the sample closet tidy and getting the outdated ones out of there. I did that too. I almost never took a sick day unless i was puking. Any way, i got really depressed after that episode. I begged my husband to move to TN . So we did and i became a farmer. Goats (100) , chickens (200) , rabbits (40) and pigs (3). It was wonderful. So now i nurse animals, self and husband.
The dryer ink was a concern because every time it heated up the ink would start coming off. So i removed it with alcohol.
So that is the story of why i am not nursing any more. Too much work and not enough appreciation.

Yeah, i am an LPN. First i worked in a hospital on a woman's floor for post ops. But the patient load just kept getting bigger. When they gave the patients cell phones to call the nurses as well as call buttons, i found a job in a doctors office. Still, work your butt off and no appreciation. I was always the last to leave on Friday night because i made sure all the Rxs got done. Any way, they let me go from that job for doing a refill for a patient with an appointment who had not been seen yet. A person who worked for them for 20 years, needed her blood pressure medication. Something they had okayed for other patients many many times. I had a whole list of meds i could okay if labs up to date and visits current. Any way, i was really upset and left there crying. I worked there 10 years. Even took a day off to take their dog with a broken leg to the vet. After the fact, they called and wanted me to go back there. The patients were complaining things not getting done in a timely manner. Really!? Wonder why? No one calling the drug reps for samples or keeping the sample closet tidy and getting the outdated ones out of there. I did that too. I almost never took a sick day unless i was puking. Any way, i got really depressed after that episode. I begged my husband to move to TN . So we did and i became a farmer. Goats (100) , chickens (200) , rabbits (40) and pigs (3). It was wonderful. So now i nurse animals, self and husband.
The dryer ink was a concern because every time it heated up the ink would start coming off. So i removed it with alcohol.
So that is the story of why i am not nursing any more. Too much work and not enough appreciation.
Oh I feel your pain. I was an LPN for 19 years before I got my RN. Total of 44 years---nurses' aide to LPN to RN.
So underappreciated, no matter where we are in the scheme of things.
Retired now for about three years and have to laugh when friends say "Don't you miss it?"
No, I do not. No regrets and I am so over the nursing thing.
Regrets? The only regret that I have is that we didn't go for more than the three acres we have now. LOL---it seemed enormous at the time but I would LOVE having more room for goats and horses and....oh, never mind!
HUGS to you girl!

I was a nurses aide in a nursing home before i was a nurse. I had to care for 40 patients! It is a wonder they can get anyone to work those jobs.
Husband wanted to look at homes on the river with postage stamp lots. I looked, and said.. not even room for a garden. No. I want at least 10 acres. We have 13, and the land around ours is undeveloped. The river runs around our land like a horse shoe shape. No one can be seen across from us due to the bamboo forest. It is very remote, we live at the end of a dirt road, off another dirt road. 20170826_122226.jpg i love it!:love

Oh I feel your pain. I was an LPN for 19 years before I got my RN. Total of 44 years---nurses' aide to LPN to RN.
So underappreciated, no matter where we are in the scheme of things.
Retired now for about three years and have to laugh when friends say "Don't you miss it?"
No, I do not. No regrets and I am so over the nursing thing.
Regrets? The only regret that I have is that we didn't go for more than the three acres we have now. LOL---it seemed enormous at the time but I would LOVE having more room for goats and horses and....oh, never mind!
HUGS to you girl!
Maybe someone near you will sell some land. There are 2 places on our road for sale. Wish i could buy them! Hugs back at you. 20170826_120603.jpg A picture on the Pigg river when we were canoeing.

Damn it, the property near us was just shown to some buyer.
We should have gone bigger. I could kick my freakin' self, over and over, for doing this. I have a lovely piece of land which is (THANK GOD) bordered by protected wetlands but I still have restrictions.
Craving some Pygmy goats and have always loved horses.
Who knows....
That river is beautiful! LOVE!

Oh man don't get me started on Health care workers !! Worked at Hospital for 7 years !
NO I don't miss it either !
I am semi-retired, but will go back to work in a few months. Trying to figure out what to do next ;)

Love the river !
If Irma comes up the coast here I will have to think about what I need to do with the 4 hens I have.
It is pouring out now and they are out in it :hmm but when it was misting all day they were in the small coop... go figure.

Back
Top Bottom