Stapling may render it unfucntional.
When I did buried dog wire it had to be a certain distance away anything metal...maybe 5 feet, can't remember.

We don't have a problem with it being nonfunctional. It's been installed for 3 years, we test it regularly. It works for us.

the sale on the dog fence is running until the end of this week.
I think Annie said it is $199.oo.
we are going to fence about a 500 x 150 foot area.
it is not cheap, but then, having a $1200.oo
dog hit by a truck is not cheap, either.

these dogs are pretty good about staying on the property, but they lose their head once in awhile when a tractor or garbage truck goes by. the slower and the noisier it is, the greater the temptation..

these dogs are not high energy users. they are content to just lie around. but they can really move out when it is time to chase a tractor away.. LOL

I like the idea of no trenching.
I think I will try to rig up something for the tractor to trench where it is easy to get to, and use the staples where I have to.

I got 4 sets of rafters up today. 3 sets to go.
I discovered that the rafters from the old lean to are too short. so I have to go buy
two 8ft 2x6's. I can rip the old rafters and use them for purlins.

Packer game against Da Bears tonight.
I hope the pack shows up..

llllllllljiminwisc........

Our Pyrenees could get out of just about anything. It was amazing. He would go through places that would foil a goat. Refused to stay home but always came back . The neighbors liked to feed him. He was huge! But he could sure run. Loved to chase trucks and Buses. Did him in one day.

Strong willed dogs don't do well with this invisible fence. If they are smart they learn fast that once they get past the line it stops hurting.
Just a thought.
Was thinking the same.....they also know it'll hurt to come back thru, so they don't.
My dog had thick undercoat, had to use the long prongs and keep collar tight to they made contact.

Started the new bigger coop. My biggest concern is ventilation. I want to make sure I have enough but I live in Ohio and can get pretty cold and snowy in winter. Although the last couple haven't been bad the possibility of nights being well below freezing isn't unheard of. Is there a recommendation on amount of ventilation per square foot of coop? I plan on leaving top vented and 2 windows in front. Debating on making door just hardware clothed or partial covered. What do y'all recommend?
It is 8'x8'.
IMG_20170928_135320413.jpg

Back
Top Bottom