I did not work on the shed today.
We went to town and I bought a few pieces of lumber. add on stuff that I didn't plan on doing, but changed my mind.
bought the buried dog fencing.
not a very substantial looking wire that comes with it. 500 feet comes with the sending unit. we need 3 times that amount.
I need to cross the driveway. that might be a challenge.
it has to be buried because I have to plow snow. I will have to put it inside of a conduit.
.........jiminwisc......

I went to town with the 4 month old kitten for a free rabies shot, then stopped at the hardware store for 4 lbs of nails. I need plywood, but that town is too small for a big box store.

I went to town with the 4 month old kitten for a free rabies shot, then stopped at the hardware store for 4 lbs of nails. I need plywood, but that town is too small for a big box store.

I bought 4 sheets of 1/2" OSB. going to line the bottom 4 feet of the shed with it.
it will stabilize the walls and hold them plumb.
I have a pile of red pine that I can use for the wall the rest of the way up. but it has to be planed, and I am too pressed for time to do it right now, hence the plywood (OSB)..

We got 8 silkies @1 week old that need there own coop. It's still just drawings and thoughts. I plan on helping a friend with some leaks in his roof Sunday and wakeboarding and surfing on Monday. Now that the tourist are gone we have our lake again.lol
Scott

We got 8 silkies @1 week old that need there own coop. It's still just drawings and thoughts. I plan on helping a friend with some leaks in his roof Sunday and wakeboarding and surfing on Monday. Now that the tourist are gone we have our lake again.lol
Scott
Hurry up, those chicks grow fast!

I know. I've got the floor plan and that the most of the little money we will spend on it; is the floor. So that is a little hold up. Plus I need more logs to cut and frame it out. Ya I really do need to hurry up.lol
Scott

I know. I've got the floor plan and that the most of the little money we will spend on it; is the floor. So that is a little hold up. Plus I need more logs to cut and frame it out. Ya I really do need to hurry up.lol
Scott
I really wish we had a small sawmill , we have lots of trees. But you can save money buying rough cut lumber direct from the saw mill if you don't have your own mill. Sounds like you do.

I really wish we had a small sawmill , we have lots of trees. But you can save money buying rough cut lumber direct from the saw mill if you don't have your own mill. Sounds like you do.

Yes we bought a mill a year or two ago. It's the only reason our hen house looks as nice as it does. The silkie coop and breeder pens will be all cut cedar framing and left over siding and t&g from the house. I still want plywood on the floor.lol and osb on the roof. Although wife wants tin. Being it will be a wavy roof(dr Seuss), I'd rather not use tin but shingles instead. Tin on the breeder pens for sure.
Scott

if you have a sawmill, why use OSB?
I don't have a sawmill, but I took logs to a couple of different guys who would do a tree here and there for me.
I have about a thousand feet of red pine stored in one of my old tool trucks. and a couple of thousand feet of red oak piled in the lean to that is supposed to be my tractor parking shed.
then I have a hundred feet or so of swamp hickore/bitternut.. that is some awesome hard wood.
I do have a Grizzly 15 inch planer.
Love it. use it a lot. little or no snipe..
If I run a board through it and take off just very light cuts and flip the board after each pass, it works almost like a jointer.
I wouldn't want to do a lot of lumber this way, gut for an occasional board I can live with it.
I have a 4 inch jointer for smaller pieces.

I would like to have an Alaskan saw mill.
maybe it is a good thing I don't, or there might not be any trees left in the yard.. LOL

Once , many years ago, I tried cutting a small branch into lumber with my table saw..
It didn't work very well.. LOL

......jiminwisc......

Back
Top Bottom