good sunday morning,
the snow did not melt as predicted. I didn't figure it would.

I took a picture of what I have accomplished with one window.
I have to make casing for this one yet.
this one shows the sill and the one inch jamb extension.

100_1071[1].JPG

this one shows the apron , sill, and jamb extension.
100_1070[1].JPG

Today since i had blood in my ear canal i decided to not even look at the coop. I did some dishes and went out and poked the fire, did some measurements so i can figure out where the windows will go in the goat shed. I also found out that i am expected to build the hay loft! When did that happen?

Husband finally let me get a tile saw when we were fixing up Moms place. I had a ton of fun with that. Turns out i am good at it. Too bad i didn't get to have one 20 years ago.

I am considering buying a table saw. Anyone have any recommendations?
We have a craftsman 3h belt driven quick slide. I want a grizzly. They are 45 mins away and make awesome affordable machines. The craftsman was a gift and probably @ $500 new (@10 year old). I could pull off over twice as much from grizzly for a little over double the cost of the craftsman. But I use a table saw allot several times a week.
A lot in the chooses would be dependant on what you want to cut on the table saw? Plywood? or just ripping smaller material?
Scott

Just small projects, though cutting plywood could be useful too.
We have a craftsman 3h belt driven quick slide. I want a grizzly. They are 45 mins away and make awesome affordable machines. The craftsman was a gift and probably @ $500 new (@10 year old). I could pull off over twice as much from grizzly for a little over double the cost of the craftsman. But I use a table saw allot several times a week.
A lot in the chooses would be dependant on what you want to cut on the table saw? Plywood? or just ripping smaller material?
Scott

I have a Sears & Roebuck contractors saw.
I bought it before our first daughter was born.
I think it was 1964. I built a few houses and did lots of remodeling with that saw.

I just tuned it up after putting it off for far too many years. It is as good today as it was when I bought it new.

it has a cast iron top.
these saws are very rebuildable.
so if you can find a used one in not too bad a shape, buy it.

the key to tuning one is to get the blade exactly parallel with the miter slot.
You have to loosen the top from the blade assembly and turn it until you get it right.

what you want is a saw that stays put while you push wood through it.
especially plywood sheets.

remember, fingers are not push sticks ..

do you know the definition of a level headed banjo picker is ?
he drools out of both sides of his mouth equally..

.....jiminwisc.....

our Sears & Roebuck went to just Sears and just a few years ago they closed the store in Wausau.
left a large portion of the down town mall vacant.
it is still vacant

it is cold today. 23F
like it or not, I have to go out and plane some boards and finish Randy's window before he comes home tomorrow.

we are back on regular time.
it sure is nice to look at a clock and not have to compute in my head what time it actually is.

.......jiminwisc......

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom