The frame for the quail cage is assembled! I cut plywood for the back and one side, then painted them.
I also worked on the lean-to door frame. I just need to change one thing and i will need to paint the door and add hardware cloth since it is a wooden screen door. Then i will be enclosing the whole thing in welded wire. Pictures possible tomorrow.
Oh, and i ordered wood for the hoop coop. And i have a coupon for Lowes!

I hurt myself a little planting trees and collecting leaves a couple of days ago so I've been taking it easy.

Got started on actually building my nesting box today. Measured and marked the ply, cut some of it.
I want to get out into the garage and keep working but its just getting colder as the evening goes on. Almost 5pm here currently.

Hubby and I got two posts cemented in on Monday. Still have three to install and we may have to dig out the first pole we sunk in because we tried a rammed earth method and its not going to work with my soil type and a shallow sand pan. The cemented ones are extremely solid. I don't think this coop is going anywhere in a hurry, which is the plan since we get some pretty severe winds pretty regularly, and the odd tornado

I hurt myself a little planting trees and collecting leaves a couple of days ago so I've been taking it easy.

Got started on actually building my nesting box today. Measured and marked the ply, cut some of it.
I want to get out into the garage and keep working but its just getting colder as the evening goes on. Almost 5pm here currently.

Hubby and I got two posts cemented in on Monday. Still have three to install and we may have to dig out the first pole we sunk in because we tried a rammed earth method and its not going to work with my soil type and a shallow sand pan. The cemented ones are extremely solid. I don't think this coop is going anywhere in a hurry, which is the plan since we get some pretty severe winds pretty regularly, and the odd tornado
I hope you heal up quickly. I just keep plugging along. Fell hard on both knees a while back , hit the wood floor. My knees have not been the same since. I went to an ortho Dr. Xrays looked fine. But my family doctor said something is not moving right in there. I do have knee supports if it gets bad. But i avoid sitting on the ground now.

good morning, 11 AM here. rainy-ish outside.
I don't have to take the garbage out, Annie took the dumpster to the road when she collected the newspaper. fine woman,,

I am about to start making another panel for the window AC for our bedroom. the first one turned out so nice..

No probress on the kidney stone. seems odd, looking forward to getting rid of it, despite the pain involved..

Nephew showed up yesterday and built us a new mailbox post. our mailbox has been hit 5 times in this past year. twice this spring.. Jake moved it back so now it is two feet back from the edge of the black top.. the post is way down in the ditch..

we suspect the farmer with his super large and wide equipment is hitting it..
Annie wanted to hook up a piece of dynamite to the box so that we would find out what is hitting it.. LOL

.........jiminwisc.........

good morning, 11 AM here. rainy-ish outside.
I don't have to take the garbage out, Annie took the dumpster to the road when she collected the newspaper. fine woman,,

I am about to start making another panel for the window AC for our bedroom. the first one turned out so nice..

No probress on the kidney stone. seems odd, looking forward to getting rid of it, despite the pain involved..

Nephew showed up yesterday and built us a new mailbox post. our mailbox has been hit 5 times in this past year. twice this spring.. Jake moved it back so now it is two feet back from the edge of the black top.. the post is way down in the ditch..

we suspect the farmer with his super large and wide equipment is hitting it..
Annie wanted to hook up a piece of dynamite to the box so that we would find out what is hitting it.. LOL

.........jiminwisc.........
You need to film that mailbox trap!

yep, that would be neat to watch, eh ??

I selected a nice board for the next AC panel I am going to build. red oak..

I felt terrible yesterday. spent all day in bed. drinking and getting up to pee. I will consider that my exercise program.
at 4 AM I "THINK" I passed the stone. finally got some sleep after that. all pain and irritation seems to be gone today..
will try to rough cut all the pieces for the AC panel today.
.........jiminwisc......

Well hopefully you will feel better and not have any more stones for a while.
I need to repair our lawn swing, one of the arms broke. So i took it apart last night. Today i can make a new piece, then i plan to paint the whole thing.

Beautiful bright sunny morning outside, I feel too cold and sluggish to make the most of it.

My son has been home from school the past couple of days with a nasty cough. Poor kid is hardly able to sleep from coughing so much.
I just wish he would stay in bed.

Hubby got home late last night so we only managed to cement one post into the ground before dark. Only two left to go.

I made some good progress on the nesting box. I think my slapping it together was a little off though. I may need to modify the hood a bit, I think its a little low.
Otherwise I just need to attach some spacer blocks I cut and then a perch for the front of the boxes and its done. :woot
Just needs paint.

Jim, I'm glad you passed that stone. Here's hoping its the last one for a while. :fl

Beautiful bright sunny morning outside, I feel too cold and sluggish to make the most of it.

My son has been home from school the past couple of days with a nasty cough. Poor kid is hardly able to sleep from coughing so much.
I just wish he would stay in bed.

Hubby got home late last night so we only managed to cement one post into the ground before dark. Only two left to go.

I made some good progress on the nesting box. I think my slapping it together was a little off though. I may need to modify the hood a bit, I think its a little low.
Otherwise I just need to attach some spacer blocks I cut and then a perch for the front of the boxes and its done. :woot
Just needs paint.

Jim, I'm glad you passed that stone. Here's hoping its the last one for a while. :fl
Hope the son starts feeling better soon!
I finished a bench i have had sitting around, i made the base quite a while ago. 20180607_173324.jpg

Back
Top Bottom