We are building a new coop this year as well. My husband is pouring a 10 x 20 concrete slab to build on. I asked how big our coop is now, because I think it's pretty large. He said about 10x12. We built the coop in 2015 and it has evolved many times to where it is now. I'll try to snap some photos so you can see what I have. Here’s my vintage door I found on Craigslist.
. B0D66087-F4A3-4205-8B9E-2420D8754665.jpeg A58D519F-1C11-437B-9E5A-4306B226B846.jpeg 34C74FD5-B030-46FA-915C-DD110E11E36E.jpeg

Last edited:
and we all know there is nothing meaner than a savage breast.. :lau
.....jiminwisc.......
Note: That particular savage breast has also accused us of breeding mosquitoes because her little daughter had bites on her legs...even though we check daily for standing water and also use mosquito dunks in our one pond. We sit outside most evenings and never have a bite. I even put pieces of dunks in the water-filled trays underneath my carnivorous plants. We are, I think, fanatic about not having any standing water that the little blood-suckers can breed in. But when the neighbor threatened to "put poison along the fence line" that's when I started ordering rose bushes. Climbing ones. Bonus points for killer thorns!

this way she can always have a charged battery ready to go.
That's nice, always had 2 batteries when I had a NiCad system.
I've found the newer lithium batteries charge up in about 20-30 mins, just long enough for a break, good thing cause I couldn't afford 2 batteries.

poison ?? what for ?
we both know what is bothering your neighbors. Ignore them.
but it is too bad they can't be friendly, or at least, aloof ..

I have some wonderful black raspberries. they have thorns that even a camel couldn't eat. in comparison, they make blackberries feel like a gentle massage ..
maybe I can send you a few roots ..???
.....jiminwisc......

I'm in the process of building a coop. I am planning to put 1 large vent, and 1 smaller vent on opposite facing walls. Any helpful tips or advice to make it better. Our idea is to include a hinge door on the front.

Attachments

• B677F77D-C8EC-4E94-96C6-3A11D4799E6D.jpeg
    B677F77D-C8EC-4E94-96C6-3A11D4799E6D.jpeg
    871.6 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom