Yeah Aart, I imagine the tooling is expensive.
On ebay I can get a similar one for $6.90.
but I don't imagine they are American made.
the shipping would bring the total cost up to $22.25.. but then I would still have to get a 3/4" shaft and get a keyway milled into one end. and then chase down somebody to weld for me..
this all could take weeks and travel time.
.....jiminwaUSAu........

I caught a snake today trying to eat one of my quail! Just in time, the bird was almost done for! I pulled the snake off the bird, and it bit me! Danged King snakes, I am totally sick of them!
That hurts! But I hope you relocated the snake far away so it doesn’t come back. They eat rodents and pests we don’t like, as well. Try to shore-up your quail area so they can’t get in, next time one comes looking for an easy meal. I know, easier said than expensively done.

Another one of our hens laid her first egg today. It's a pretty cream that's almost pink. I think it's one of the sussex. So I now have 2 layers! And I'm glad I opened all the nest boxes, whomever it was laid it in the top right box, as far from Glyness' favorite box as possible.
Congrats! Most of mine quit laying, they are moulting or else broody.

That hurts! But I hope you relocated the snake far away so it doesn’t come back. They eat rodents and pests we don’t like, as well. Try to shore-up your quail area so they can’t get in, next time one comes looking for an easy meal. I know, easier said than expensively done.
Yes, I try to drive them at least 15 miles. I do need to make a modification to the quail door . For now I leaned something up against it to make the gap smaller.
Tomorrow going shopping and picking up some new chickens! :wee

I have not seen any snake of any kind this summer. not even a dead one on the road.
this morning I put the radiator back on, checked the oil, put in some gas and went down and dragged the spot where I want to plant rhubarb.. I went over it a couple of times as deep as I could go. The repaired power steering worked super good.. I will go over the patch with the rototiller before I plant anything.
I have just one root to plant right now. I have three "promises" for more. I'll take all I can get. I have lots of room..
I will dig holes and fill them with compost while I am waiting, just in case it gets really late into the fall before the plants start coming in.. My hip surgery is Sept 24. So I won't be able to do much for a while soon after. then my second hip will be about six weeks after the first one..
......jiminwaUSAu.......

It's so nice and quiet here this morning....2 of the 3 cockerels gone.<blissful>
They were bad boys, wreaking havoc on the flock.
Didn't feel like slaughtering, long story....
...Last ditch effort...
...took no more than 20 minutes after sign was up and they were both gone.
1598875144924.png

Back
Top Bottom