Apparently star is our new go-to. Allegedly it doesnt strip. I just replaced a couple Phillip's head with star today to make it all match. The worst was when we accidentally bought star+, which is not the same at all.
I've never cared for the 'star', which I actually called Torx and come in different sizes which can be very hard to tell apart.

Never had any trouble with phillips, good screws good bits and keeping axis aligned.
Only bought square because it was all available in one place at one time when I needed them now.

I've never cared for the 'star', which I actually called Torx and come in different sizes which can be very hard to tell apart.

Never had any trouble with phillips, good screws good bits and keeping axis aligned.
Only bought square because it was all available in one place at one time when I needed them now.
Turns out Torx is the proper name for it, but star is colloquial. I'd never seen square before until you mentioned it.

What year was that? :lol:
I can't remember :gig
Really haven't built much in the last 3-4 years, so haven't been buying any supplies.

...and my favorite local 'lumber' store shut down a couple years ago....

Windows 'cleaned' and eave baffles up on the upper south side.
Moving the ladder wasn't as bad as climbing up and down it.
Now for the north eave baffles, have a new idea, but.....
Sure wish I could still get those 1x3 purlins from my old lumberman, but he's gone.
1605913958601.png

Have you tried CL or FB Marketplace for odd older lumber?
This wasn't odd or old.
Very good quality, and 2 miles down the rural road, which is what I want.
I don't want to dink around with searching CL or FB.
I'll probably rip something up out of what I've got in my stash.

This wasn't odd or old.
Very good quality, and 2 miles down the rural road, which is what I want.
I don't want to dink around with searching CL or FB.
I'll probably rip something up out of what I've got in my stash.
We are slowly amassing building materials for cheap by driving all over for a deal. Went out to MS for roof trusses from an old chicken barn that was getting torn down.

I like torx, before that I liked square. before that I liked philips.
I helped a guy build his house. We set up a whole perimeter of scaffold . I told him to get square . He insisted on philips. I told him when it came time to disassemble the scaffold, I was not going to back any philips out. I did squares and when I came to a philips, I called him over to take it out. when those little X's get walked on and filled with dirt and dried concrete, he soon understood why I was against them.
after I switched to square, I sold a truck. It had a 30 pound box of philips in it. I let them go with the truck.
.......jiminwisc......

Back
Top Bottom