My daughter was unable to draw up the plans for my coop page in progress. She can't use the software at work and I wouldn't let her spend the money to buy a month of AutoCAD.

So I'm laboring my way through with graph paper and pencil.

Not *proper* plans, but I think a competent handyman could follow it.

The nest box is giving me trouble. I can't draw in 3-D.

So I'm laboring my way through with graph paper and pencil.

Not *proper* plans, but I think a competent handyman could follow it.

The nest box is giving me trouble. I can't draw in 3-D.
Graph paper can be fine, if all the pertinent info is there.
Look for some isometric graph paper for the '3-D' views.

Graph paper can be fine, if all the pertinent info is there.
Look for some isometric graph paper for the '3-D' views.

It would be less trouble probably to buy DD that month of AutoCAD because I wouldn't know how to use it. :D

I'm putting measurements on everything and I will include a ton of build pictures with the tape measure held against them. I think I was out taking pictures of the different parts of the coop 6-8 times today because I'd be drawing and realize that I'd forgotten to measure something.

It's better than the pencil sketch DH started with, at least.

It would be less trouble probably to buy DD that month of AutoCAD because I wouldn't know how to use it.
If shes proficient with the program and drafting savvy, it would be the way to go.

I'm putting measurements on everything and I will include a ton of build pictures with the tape measure held against them. I think I was out taking pictures of the different parts of the coop 6-8 times today because I'd be drawing and realize that I'd forgotten to measure something.
As on old drafter, I've done many a 'run and measure again' trips.

Are you building another just like that you have now?

If shes proficient with the program and drafting savvy, it would be the way to go.

As on old drafter, I've done many a 'run and measure again' trips.

Are you building another just like that you have now?

No, I'm writing up my coop page and wanted to have good plans for anyone who wants to copy it.

The new coop is still in "napkin sketch" form. We'll see what we have to work with on that when we see what wood we can salvage from that collapsed building -- planning to fit our design to the available materials.

I did get the door installed in the new coop today, but it still needs the windows installed after I paint the edges. I may get that done tomorrow if it rains like it's supposed to. I will get more pictures asap.
Oh Jim....we are missing you! Hope you are well. Our nicest neighbors are having problems. He was rushed to the hospital because he thought he was having a stroke. But he needed his aorta fixed. They did that , and he was doing well but then he did have a stroke and was paralyzed on one side. Now he is not doing well, and they have decided to have comfort measures only for him. He is such a nice man, and a great neighbor. It's so sad.

Back
Top Bottom