I'm at work with my DH today to help him with mowing and some of the lighter maintenance work. That's easier than being on my feet all day in the deli.

I need to get the 4-week chicks into the coop for integration, but this week is the battle reenactment so I'm helping him get ready and don't know when I'll achieve it.

I *should* have had the pen repaired earlier this month, but it's been either storming or dangerous heat on all my days off.

This thing is a dream to drive compared to either my BIL's electric that's so twitchy or my regular riding mower with it's stiff steering.

0802220855.jpg

Nice machine, for sure. Now you are going to have to trim the lower branches on all the trees to get that roll bar underneath.
when we went from out low zero turn to the rider lawn mower, we had to do a lot of trimming. we still have some branches to do.
we have hundreds of trees to mow around. luckily I kept the branches trimmed for years so there are not too many low hanging branches anymore.

Nice machine, for sure. Now you are going to have to trim the lower branches on all the trees to get that roll bar underneath.
when we went from out low zero turn to the rider lawn mower, we had to do a lot of trimming. we still have some branches to do.
we have hundreds of trees to mow around. luckily I kept the branches trimmed for years so there are not too many low hanging branches anymore.

This is my DH's mower at the historic site where he works. I'm putting in some volunteer hours getting the grounds ready for the battle reenactment this weekend.

He used to have some guys who would come out the week ahead of an event and do some mowing and weed whacking, but Covid changed everything. Last year he was pretty frantic about it and I told him that I like mowing grass and would be perfectly happy for him to park me in the middle of an open field until I learned to steer the zero turn in the tight spots.

He's on the tractor with the flail mower taking down the grass in the parking fields while I'm mowing the tight places.

I'd like my own zero turn at home, but this deck is too big for our yard -- too many trees and tight places (though it steers better than my BIL's electric zero turn). I have my eye on a particular Huskvarna when we can afford one.

This is my DH's mower at the historic site where he works. I'm putting in some volunteer hours getting the grounds ready for the battle reenactment this weekend.

He used to have some guys who would come out the week ahead of an event and do some mowing and weed whacking, but Covid changed everything. Last year he was pretty frantic about it and I told him that I like mowing grass and would be perfectly happy for him to park me in the middle of an open field until I learned to steer the zero turn in the tight spots.

He's on the tractor with the flail mower taking down the grass in the parking fields while I'm mowing the tight places.

I'd like my own zero turn at home, but this deck is too big for our yard -- too many trees and tight places (though it steers better than my BIL's electric zero turn). I have my eye on a particular Huskvarna when we can afford one.
call those guys and tell them covid is about over.
If they can get together to do the reenactment, they can cut the grass.

Back
Top Bottom