Helping a woman decorate. Fugget about it!

BBQJOE

Songster
Sep 25, 2015
Void where prohibited.
We're (she's) painting the inside of the house. We're (she's) has decided to go with a heavy festive Mexican look. I'm more than ok with it.
But she'll ask, what color do you want here, or what color do you want this wall?

It doesn't matter a hill of beans what I suggest, she'll do anything other than what I want. Then it's, well, I'd really like your thoughts.
Ok, let's go with a little red right there.
No, I'm going with lime green she says.

Fugget it, I quit. Just do what you want and quit asking me.

We're (she's) painting the inside of the house. We're (she's) has decided to go with a heavy festive Mexican look. I'm more than ok with it.
But she'll ask, what color do you want here, or what color do you want this wall?

It doesn't matter a hill of beans what I suggest, she'll do anything other than what I want. Then it's, well, I'd really like your thoughts.
Ok, let's go with a little red right there.
No, I'm going with lime green she says.

Fugget it, I quit. Just do what you want and quit asking me.
lol......been there and still doing that.

what ever you do, if she paints a wall some color and then says to you she doesn't like it, do not, I repeat, DO NOT tell her you never liked that color either.........

Last edited:
So funny. First off i live in Australia so my opinion is only on the men over here but if i go to decorate hubby wants to be involved but he has zero taste. So i let him give an opinion which usually ends up with me rolling my eyes and the words are you serious coming out and i pick the colour i want in the end. Guess it must be a universal woman thing :lau :p

My husband planted some flowers for someone who later asked me, "is he color blind, or something?" It can be hard to find two colors of the same plant that don't go together, but he had done it.
hide.gif
He has since learned to ask me before he plants; sometimes, I just say, "no." On occasion, he tries something that I wouldn't have thought of, but when you put them together, it works.
idunno.gif

But what I really hate, is when he tells me about some project he has in mind, and then asks me what I think. I make observations, maybe based on experience, and suggest ways to avoid the problems I foresee. He then proceeds to give me chapter and verse about why he won't do anything I suggest, and I'm like, "why did you bother to ask, if my opinion is of so little value to you?" Then, when it all comes apart in exactly the ways that I feared it might (probably because I had seen it happen to some project of mine in the past), I get to hear him ranting and swearing and watch him spending more money to fix the very things that I had been concerned about at the beginning. Hey, guys, watch me reinvent the wheel!
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom