Helping chick pip shell??

lexilovee

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2018
Ramat Gan
Happy Chanukah! We have been so excited that our chicks are hatching on chanukah! I wasn't quite sure where to categorize this post, but the anxiety has been real! Two days ago, I heard a little peep come from one of the eggs. It is completely dark inside (as I can't see the egg 's air cell). It stopped peeping but started rocking the egg, pecking and peeping very loudly! It appears to be a very vocal little chick. does it need help? It's been hours and it hasn't pipped, and days since I first heard the peep. What do I do to help the little one!?

We found her sitting on them, so we aren't really sure. Around day 22/23 is our guess.

It takes chicks 21 days to hatch do yous still have the eggs under the hen ? If so I’d leave them be for a few days before I’d do any helping.
If you don’t know what day their on than it’s best leave them be.

It has been roughly 6-7 hours and still no pip! The little chick inside has been peeping and pecking, but still no pip! Should I be worried?

I have had a broody hen before she had cream legbar eggs and they were cheaping I left the mother hen to it and they all died

The little chick hatched and is the fluffiest, craziest little Speckled Sussex! We had a second hatch yesterday evening! She(I’m assuming and hoping for a she!) has been exhausted and barely able to stay awake all evening and all day today! I’m not sure if it’s because her older sibling pokes at her or if she isn’t healthy- but she can barely balance when she walks! She usually just tips over and falls back asleep! I have been able to give her little drinks of water, and get her to peck at food, but 99.9% of the time she is tipping over and falling asleep!

Attachments

• 35BFFE54-8ABD-44BB-BB67-D450444E2AE4.jpeg
    35BFFE54-8ABD-44BB-BB67-D450444E2AE4.jpeg
    499.1 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom