Helpppppp

Chickenslol

Songster
Sep 26, 2020
idk man, no clue
Hey, I got these new batch of chicks and posted her a few weeks ago because I’m not sure what breed AND gender they are. Now that they’re older I hope someone might be able to tell me. My chicks are about ten weeks old now and while I know for sure one is a golden laced Wyandotte, the other is starting to look different. Is it a rooster or a different breed? Attached is two pics of the first one, which I know the breed of and the second one. They looked really similar in the beginning but now I’m not sure.

Attachments

• 852BEB4F-8A36-41C8-A9F3-B7498898CBA0.jpeg
    852BEB4F-8A36-41C8-A9F3-B7498898CBA0.jpeg
    723.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 9DDEEBCD-503C-46CB-8800-F76D05E50BD1.jpeg
    9DDEEBCD-503C-46CB-8800-F76D05E50BD1.jpeg
    696.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 02BF363A-51B5-4876-BE4E-AE9491F942C5.jpeg
    02BF363A-51B5-4876-BE4E-AE9491F942C5.jpeg
    608.1 KB · Views: 11
  • C6449132-7CA8-4C85-864A-2F15CB2106AD.jpeg
    C6449132-7CA8-4C85-864A-2F15CB2106AD.jpeg
    541.7 KB · Views: 11
Hey, I got these new batch of chicks and posted her a few weeks ago because I’m not sure what breed AND gender they are. Now that they’re older I hope someone might be able to tell me. My chicks are about ten weeks old now and while I know for sure one is a golden laced Wyandotte, the other is starting to look different. Is it a rooster or a different breed? Attached is two pics of the first one, which I know the breed of and the second one. They looked really similar in the beginning but now I’m not sure.
You have a pair. The girl and the boy. I’m not sure if he’s mixed but he has Wyandotte in him because of the comb

First, are roosters specifically forbidden in your area?

Second, how noisy are your neighbors?

I had an in-town rooster in a town where rooster complaints would be evaluated based on ordinary noise ordinances.

One of my neighbors grew up on a farm and liked bringing his grandchildren over to see my chickens.

The nearest neighbor figured that if we didn't mind their muscle car they didn't mind our rooster. :D
Roosters are “technically” not allowed but we’re also not allowed to have more than six chickens and the people down the street broke that rule as well as us so I’m assuming it’s not heavily enforced. I doubt breaking the rules of chicken keeping is a highly dangerous crime. My neighbors are quiet, but I don’t think we’d be getting any noise complaints because if they could make it through our chickens laying for the first time, they can make it through this (we have famously loud black austrolorps). My hope for now is to let the Rooster grow up, see how loud it is, and maybe rehome it to a nearby farm if it is too loud. We also don’t want fertilized eggs, and have no want to let our chickens free range bc last time we did they got out of the backyard constantly and two got eaten. We’ll see I guess

My goodness it appears I might have a rooster on me after all. Any idea if GLW are loud roosters? I live in a residential area so if they turn out to be a crower I might have to rehome them. She’s not very aggressive so far so we might have a chance, also I heard a person saying he might be mixed breed? What breed could the roo be mixed with because I can confirm they look very different.

My goodness it appears I might have a rooster on me after all. Any idea if GLW are loud roosters? I live in a residential area so if they turn out to be a crower I might have to rehome them. She’s not very aggressive so far so we might have a chance, also I heard a person saying he might be mixed breed? What breed could the roo be mixed with because I can confirm they look very different.
It depends on the roo.

Back
Top Bottom