Hemmie passed away this morning

That’s great. I know your enjoying the relationship that’s developing. :love
They're a lot of fun to watch together. Downey has become very protective of little Jackie. I still miss Hemmie, and always will, but I'm so glad that these two aren't lonely anymore! They still have their own enclosures, because Jackie hasn't reached laying age yet. I don't know how laying will work with her, being a wood duck, but, regardless, better safe than traumatized, lol

Attachments

• 20201203_154410.jpg
    20201203_154410.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20201207_225651.jpg
    20201207_225651.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20201205_133833.jpg
    20201205_133833.jpg
    674.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20201207_163538.jpg
    20201207_163538.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 6
They are so precious💕. Have you noticed Downy trying to breed her? He may not try till. Late winter when will she be 5 months?
I've noticed him getting "excited", but he's actually being very good and seems to be skittish about trying to mate her. They will occasionally give each other a little poke with their bills, like they're saying "Hey! Move!" but never anything like fighting. There hasn't been any nipping at each other's feet like there was with Downey and Hemmie before mating happened. She will be five months in about 2 weeks. He's also at the end of his big end of summer molt, poor little man, and he can't fly. I think he feels silly. Lol

Once she’s 5 months mating will be fine when it does start. My Muscovy just got over their big molt and my drake was Mr Grump. I’m so happy for you that they have become a pair. It hurts so much when we lose our littles but when we see the ones left bond again it sure is a happy day!

Once she’s 5 months mating will be fine when it does start. My Muscovy just got over their big molt and my drake was Mr Grump. I’m so happy for you that they have become a pair. It hurts so much when we lose our littles but when we see the ones left bond again it sure is a happy day!
That's exactly true, the loss was heartbreaking but these two making friends melts my heart! Jackie is trying to convince Downey that the lake is better than the kiddie pool, and Downey is teaching Jackie how to find all the yummy bugs. 😂 He's so funny with his molting going on. He seems to think I'm a professional duck groomer. He moves around so I'll scritch him where he wants!

Back
Top Bottom