Hemp bedding

I ordered the hemp bedding awhile ago from some place in I believe South Carolina. Put it in my 10 x 10 coop. The chickens weren't to sure what this new stuff was in their coop at first and all looked in their automatic coop door and wouldn't go in at first, but love it now. I love it......no dust.....no odor ever.....and easy to scoop out the chicken poo. I am ready to order more and it's been about six months.....but it is expensive, and shipping was outrageous.....$100........but worth it. If anyone hears that it is available in California.....please post

I ordered the hemp bedding awhile ago from some place in I believe South Carolina. Put it in my 10 x 10 coop. The chickens weren't to sure what this new stuff was in their coop at first and all looked in their automatic coop door and wouldn't go in at first, but love it now. I love it......no dust.....no odor ever.....and easy to scoop out the chicken poo. I am ready to order more and it's been about six months.....but it is expensive, and shipping was outrageous.....$100........but worth it. If anyone hears that it is available in California.....please post
Hemp-Solutions website shows they have a distributor in the Bay area. Email [email protected]
Depending upon your location, their Nevada distributor might be closer to you.

I heard from Hemp-Solutions that activated the hemp hurd is essential to get full benefit of enzymes that break down the waste material and keep the smell down as well. Many forget to do this because the plant based material is so absorbent and already provides a vapor barrier. Hemp hurd is hydrophobic and water etc. will eventually fall below the surface. It's the fiber that is hydrophilic and absorbs water indefinitely or holds it.

If anyone is in the San Diego area I have several brand new bags of 33 lb hemp bedding. $38 each. I just started using it and wow what a difference in the brooder. I was changing the pine shavings every two days for 8 chicks. Now it just smells like plants in my garage. So glad I got this.

Back
Top Bottom