Hen Acting Like A Rooster

I think @Lacy Duckwing has a crowing hen....?
I used to. :D

My bantam hens liked to crow even with 1-3 roosters around. As you can hear with Lolly in the video above, I had several roosters around. She would often crow when separated from her mother. My other bantams would crow when broody. They'd also crow around their rooster, but that was when I re-homed an extra rooster that they apparently liked better than the one I kept. :rolleyes:
With you saying that Buddy is 8 years old, could it be her hormones could be all over the place causing her to crow? Have you re-homed or lost any of your other chickens or have she been separated from any of them?

My bantam hens liked to crow even with 1-3 roosters around. As you can hear with Lolly in the video above, I had several roosters around. She would often crow when separated from her mother. My other bantams would crow when broody. They'd also crow around their rooster, but that was when I re-homed an extra rooster that they apparently liked better than the one I kept. :rolleyes:
With you saying that Buddy is 8 years old, could it be her hormones could be all over the place causing her to crow? Have you re-homed or lost any of your other chickens or have she been separated from any of them?
It sounds like a sqeuky toy LOL

I've got a 3 month old bantam cockerel still inside. He does crow but he is so squeaky I can't hear him a floor down, he will get louder as I have had noisier ones that are outside but even the crows are louder than them and the indoor one is very well behaved, he only crows when I'm around lol, rest of the time peace and quiet. Really glad their noise has worked out (so far)

My d’uccle hen sometimes drops her wing to other hens. So does my serama/d’uccle hen. At least one of my hens went through a phase of crowing (I don’t know if the most recent crower was the same hen). My d’uccle also pecks me when she’s broody, but only while she’s not on the nest.

My RIR hen acts like a rooster. She is my only hen who will actually peck me. She charges me sometimes, and also lowers her shoulder to me. I have two roosters in the flock, and she actually fought off the dominant boy for a while.

I love your hen´s crowing. My cockatiel enjoys listening to it, haha!

Buddy is 3. The hen she was wing dropping was 8. She came with 3 sisters she still has all of them except one died. The hen (8) is new and looks a lot like her old sister and now hangs with the group.

Back
Top Bottom