Hen attacked by eagle, i scared it away but she’s injured. HELP PLEASE

Pics
I don't have any experience about the beak, but I have a hen recovered from fox attack very well. She had a huge through-hole on her back after the attack. I cleaned her, spray & apply Neosporin Original Ointment on her everyday. She only eat a little amount of chopped eggs the first few days, and slowly started to eat her feed and treats. Just add some nutri-drench to her water and make sure that she drink enough water. If you really worry about her not eating enough, you can use syringe to feed her some babybird formula like this one:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kaytee-Exact-Handfeeding-Baby-Bird-7-5-oz/22133512

Good luck with your girl!
thanks! we’re working on a feed-water-mash that she seems interested in but we’ve mostly given her egg.

soooo prolly should of mentioned this sooner but we’re leaving on a three-day-two-night camping trip today and obviously we can’t take Sugar. we’re leaving her with my grandma who can feed her and water her and check on her but not much else. she’s not eating and drinking all that much which concerns me but my dad had been putting antibiotics in her food as well as her water and i think she doesn’t them (the vet told us to do this). last night we gave her some more concentrated antibiotics in a eye dropper right into her beak so that maybe my grandma doesn’t have to put antibiotics in her food and maybe even not her water. what do you guys think?

soooo prolly should of mentioned this sooner but we’re leaving on a three-day-two-night camping trip today and obviously we can’t take Sugar. we’re leaving her with my grandma who can feed her and water her and check on her but not much else. she’s not eating and drinking all that much which concerns me but my dad had been putting antibiotics in her food as well as her water and i think she doesn’t them (the vet told us to do this). last night we gave her some more concentrated antibiotics in a eye dropper right into her beak so that maybe my grandma doesn’t have to put antibiotics in her food and maybe even not her water. what do you guys think?
Keep dosing her. Needs 7-10 days

you guys she’s doing so good! she’s eating and drinking, spends all day in a smaller run next to the other chickens, in which time she scratches, sunbaths, talks to them, and spills her food like every fifteen minutes. whenever i walk near their runs all both of my flocks start pacing to see what i have and she does it right along with them lol. she’s bright-eyed and active. sorry i haven’t posted in a bit we have two trips back to back and a hurt chicken which leaves me not a lot of time during the day to be on BYC. we got back from our first trip on sunday this week (3 days two nights camping trip) and the left for our second trip thursday (this is the longer trip at nine days eight nights and it’s a road trip). we have cameras on all our chickens and she’s at our grandmas again. she’s doing wonderful and is back to her spunky, goofball of a self.

you guys she’s doing so good! she’s eating and drinking, spends all day in a smaller run next to the other chickens, in which time she scratches, sunbaths, talks to them, and spills her food like every fifteen minutes. whenever i walk near their runs all both of my flocks start pacing to see what i have and she does it right along with them lol. she’s bright-eyed and active. sorry i haven’t posted in a bit we have two trips back to back and a hurt chicken which leaves me not a lot of time during the day to be on BYC. we got back from our first trip on sunday this week (3 days two nights camping trip) and the left for our second trip thursday (this is the longer trip at nine days eight nights and it’s a road trip). we have cameras on all our chickens and she’s at our grandmas again. she’s doing wonderful and is back to her spunky, goofball of a self.
I'm so glad to hear good things. Get us pics sometime!!!!

I'm so glad to hear good things. Get us pics sometime!!!!
The black and white ones are of her on our security cams while we were away (and yes that is an egg she laid) and the color ones were the day before we left on the road trip!

Attachments

• D5C141E5-2623-40E4-8FC7-ECFDB6993D55.jpeg
    D5C141E5-2623-40E4-8FC7-ECFDB6993D55.jpeg
    474.7 KB · Views: 7
  • B89399A6-EE05-4E69-B400-BBBAFBC92E8C.jpeg
    B89399A6-EE05-4E69-B400-BBBAFBC92E8C.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 438AAB65-3E93-4E98-8F6B-5DF858672542.jpeg
    438AAB65-3E93-4E98-8F6B-5DF858672542.jpeg
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 55790981-0268-466A-AF4D-70A382E0C452.jpeg
    55790981-0268-466A-AF4D-70A382E0C452.jpeg
    821.2 KB · Views: 8
UPDATE:
She’s all better now and with the rest of the flock! Her beak is still a little crooked which concerns me but other than that she’s happy and healthy!! She grew all her feathers back and is laying eggs every day. She’s such a sweet girl and every time I visit the chickens I feel so grateful she made it. Thanks you guys for helping me through that. She might not still be around if it wasn’t for you. Plus you all kept my hope up. Everyone irl didn’t have as much faith in chickens healing ability so all of you telling me she would be alright was so nice.
There’s her scratching in the dirt. Which is on the picture of the week thread :fl

99D9E13A-883B-4A35-8E3F-E4AEAA94C2D2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom