Hen attacking dogs!

Chicken attacking dogs?

• Total voters

ctesta

Chirping
Apr 26, 2017
hi everyone,
We’ve had multiple flocks of chickens and we’ve always raised them since they were chicks. We always have introduced them to the dogs and cat and it’s never been a problem. Our newest chickens are completely fine with people and they’ve kind of just ignored the other animals (the hens are about 7 months old).But all of a sudden our one hen has started attacking our dogs and cat! One day she woke up and started running after them. Two of my dogs are small and can’t fogur root how to defend themselves! Honestly it was kind of funny at first, having her peck my boxadors butt and my dog just wonder what the heck was going on but now she attacks the little dogs and doesn’t back down unless I run over. Has anyone had this problem or knows how to help with it?

Wow, that's the shoe on the other foot...usually it's the other way around. I haven't heard of it but let's see what others have to say.

I was certain I had lost my rooster (BA/EE) a few days ago, as the little dog went by him he pecked the dog on the rear. The little guy turns and defends himself, he's not real good at backing down, but he made it short. What did the roo do, he turned and pecked the big boy on his rear, the fight was on! I just happened to be on a yard tractor and drove through them to break it up,,,,

This happened to me, too! The dog pays no mind to the chickens, but two of my pullets went after my little dog! They never bother my cat but, gosh, they charged my poor doggie. She yelped and snapped at my buff Orpington, but then ran back into the house.

I have to know @ctesta , did the issue ever resolve itself? If my chickens don't leave my doggie alone, they will not be able to free range as often in the future!

Back
Top Bottom