Hen attacking Rooster

twmiller

Hatching
Apr 28, 2022
I have a Easter egger that I found at my sisters house. We were down to one other hen and a rescued fighting Roo. They all got along for around a year or so. The one hen passed away leaving the EE and the Roo. The hen started plucking the neck feathers out of the Roo and barring his back. I have separated them and rescued more hens. The hens and the Roo get along but the Easter Egger still plucks him and he lets her. Plus he loves her the most of all. I need help!!

:welcome She's not really 'attacking' him. What started as grooming has now escalated to feather pecking/plucking. Do an on site search on 'Pin Less Peepers'. They can be used on her to allow him to regrow his feathers, and sometimes when they are removed the bad habit will have been broken.

:welcome She's not really 'attacking' him. What started as grooming has now escalated to feather pecking/plucking. Do an on site search on 'Pin Less Peepers'. They can be used on her to allow him to regrow his feathers, and sometimes when they are removed the bad habit will have been broken.
Thank you. I have ordered them already. 😀. I just joined and it has already paid off. I have seen her flog him then lay down for him. Bless his heart he is old and isn’t really into it anymore

Back
Top Bottom